Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
Msdt-99517

Trailer was swapped under warranty

Keystone Cougar 34 TSB:
Our 2018 trailer was swapped out under warranty for a major defect with the floors. Long story short, the new one (2019) has a couch instead of recliners and no longer comes with the automatic leveling system. We have now been told (4 months later....thanks Camping World for not returning any calls!) that they (Keystone) are looking into finding recliners for the unit. We heard that they may have to take out the windows because it is too big to go in through the door. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that? This seems a bit drastic, and we're not sure how comfortable we are with that. On another note, we were told that the 2019 34 TSB does not have the automatic leveling system anymore as they had too many problems. Can anyone confirm this? They now have the power leveling system, but not automatic. What are your thoughts on the couch and leveling system issues?
Msdt-99517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:47 PM   #2
Wxman

Hmmm…. I watched a Keystone factory video where they bragged that all furniture went in the door, so it could come out the door for repair or exchange.
2017 Silverado Z71 5.3L 3.42 gears(sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 4x4 CCSB SLT (gas)
E4 16k/1.6k hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
Sarge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdt-99517 View Post
Keystone Cougar 34 TSB:
Our 2018 trailer was swapped out under warranty for a major defect with the floors. Long story short, the new one (2019) has a couch instead of recliners and no longer comes with the automatic leveling system. We have now been told (4 months later....thanks Camping World for not returning any calls!) that they (Keystone) are looking into finding recliners for the unit. We heard that they may have to take out the windows because it is too big to go in through the door. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that? This seems a bit drastic, and we're not sure how comfortable we are with that. On another note, we were told that the 2019 34 TSB does not have the automatic leveling system anymore as they had too many problems. Can anyone confirm this? They now have the power leveling system, but not automatic. What are your thoughts on the couch and leveling system issues?
Seems that the new one doesn't have some of the options as your old one... yes it's new but does it total the amount you paid for the old 2018? I would think that leveling system was pricey... i'd be asking or looking up how much those options cost you vs the new one.... Why is so hard for people at these RV places to return a phone call... I've been somewhat fortunate as my "service writer" gave me her personal phone and I can text her with any issues... been great until she leaves for a better job..lol... or not...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:24 AM   #4
Nomadicchefs

Are the recliners the regular rv ones or more standard home recliners? Our rv recliners that came with our hideout come apart. The vertical back comes off the seated bottom via 2 steel bars. They fit through the door just fine that way and were no problem to take apart and reassemble. If you can find a tag on them with a style # etc, you might be able to Google videos or something of someone taking them apart or how to get them out without needing to remove windows and all that hassle.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:27 AM   #5
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
Seems that the new one doesn't have some of the options as your old one... yes it's new but does it total the amount you paid for the old 2018? I would think that leveling system was pricey... i'd be asking or looking up how much those options cost you vs the new one.... Why is so hard for people at these RV places to return a phone call... I've been somewhat fortunate as my "service writer" gave me her personal phone and I can text her with any issues... been great until she leaves for a better job..lol... or not...

Those people usually do, good help is hard to find.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:22 AM   #6
SummitPond

Quote:
...thanks Camping World for not returning any calls!) ...
I received an email ad from CW yesterday under the aegis of Marcus Lemonis. It had his email and a contact number. Might be worth a try. Let us know if it really works! Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marcus Lemonis contact info.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	23130  

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:19 AM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicchefs View Post
Are the recliners the regular rv ones or more standard home recliners? Our rv recliners that came with our hideout come apart. The vertical back comes off the seated bottom via 2 steel bars. They fit through the door just fine that way and were no problem to take apart and reassemble. If you can find a tag on them with a style # etc, you might be able to Google videos or something of someone taking them apart or how to get them out without needing to remove windows and all that hassle.
I got a dual reclining Lazyboy reclining love seat through our door. These do come apart. Craigslist is my friend!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:21 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
I received an email ad from CW yesterday under the aegis of Marcus Lemonis. It had his email and a contact number. Might be worth a try. Let us know if it really works! Good luck.
For amusement purposes only, go to youtube and type in "camping world". Lots of videos extolling this wonderful business!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #9
Fliehigh

I just want to mention as well, that i think you now have power stabilizers not a power leveling system. The leveling system is much heavier and meant to take the load where the stabilizers are not meant to do anything but keep the camper from rocking.
Fliehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #10
Free88

Power stabilizers have problems too, as do the manual stabilizers. My neighbor just bent the heck out of his two rear power stabilizers on his 5th wheel on his first major trip out, and he is a seasoned owner. Im talking destroyed bent.

The newer Cougars dont have the auto levelers standard anymore because its a cost cutting measure and nothing more. You can still option them if you want, or have them installed aftermarket. I love having them on my (early) 2019 Cougar 27SAB, which they were still standard equipment when we bought it. Zero issues with that system.
Free88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #11
nellie1289

In order for them to switch out trailer you most of “accepted delivery” of the new one? How does that happen!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #12
the406life

Quote:
Keystone Cougar 34 TSB:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the defect in your floor? Our 2019 Hideout 280BHSWE has a really soft spot I assume between the frame rails the whole length of the trailer. It's probably not a structural problem, but it's very annoying. We just bought the thing a couple months ago and have only used it 3 times for a total of about 15 days.

I figured it was one of those things that if I took it in to have it looked at they would probably just say "oh they all do that a little bit".
I don't believe that because we've owned 5 trailers and this is the first one with a soft feeling floor.

How hard was it to get them to replace your trailer?
the406life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty