Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2018, 06:44 PM   #1
Refinerytrash310

Generator question......

I have a 2018 fusion 369. Went to exercise the genny tonight and well it started and ran but TV's and microwave had no power. I disconnected the 50 amp plug from the park pedestal and turned off all the AC's and tv prior to starting. I let the gen run for about 5 min before the wife turned on the AC n TV. AC went on but no power to microwave or tv. Checked the breakers on the 5th, breakers on the genny and GFCI. Turned off genny & hooked back to shore and everything worked? Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Refinerytrash310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
bobbecky

There should be a transfer switch that directs power from the shore power source or from the generator to your RV panel. I don't know if yours is automatic or manual. If it's manual, you just need to switch it to generator to send power from there to the panel.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #3
Refinerytrash310

I'm not to sure either. Guess I'll have to read that manual lol. I know it's an onan 5500 but that's about it. Thanks bobbecky for the reply
Refinerytrash310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

It's been a few years since I had it but, my Onan 3500 built into rv had a switch to turn on/off and another nearby to switch power on/off. The idea is start it up and let it warm up for a min or so then switch the power on so than it gets a load not as it starts.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:05 AM   #5
SC Dreamer

Not sure how comfy you are working with high voltage or if you have a multimeter. Sounds like transfer switch is working but maybe only on one leg for generator, not both. Or your generator is only producing on one leg, if that is possible. I would see if a.c. is on opposite side of breaker panel from the microwave and tv. That may confirm it. My transfer switch is mounted on basement wall behind generator and has a plastic cover that just pops off. Depending on your expertise, I would start there with a meter. Mine is labeled inside with which wires go where. I would check If you are getting 240v from generator at generator connection and you could see if the transfer switch is sending it to breaker panel. Where the power dies is where the problem lies...
SC Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator