Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
weaselz

Sprinter Fifth Wheel Front living

A question to the front living floorplan folks. Our Sprinter has 2 A/C units. The front unit is ducted and does a very good job of cooling the entire frnt living area of the camper. The rear unit in the bedroom is not ducted and just cools the bedroom area. I have noticed the rear unit doesn't seem to cool the area as well as the front unit. I have a room thermometer placed in the bedroom and can barely hold mid seventies in about 85 degree outside temperature. Maybe I'm wrong, and thats all the efficiency the unit can produce. But I'm thinking the single unit, in a bedroom, should be able to turn it into an icebox. Does anyone else have an issue with cooling down the rear bedroom with a second unit. By the way, I do realize the front unit is 15K and the rear is 13K BTU's. But this is a 2017 model.
weaselz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I don't know about your layout but my bedroom 13.5 will definitely make it so you can "hang meat" in there.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
Canonman

Looking at your floor plan I agree that the 13.5 bedroom A/C should cool that one room very effectively. Our cougar has the 13.5 cooling the whole coach and it has kept us very comfortable when outside temps were in the upper 90's. If you have the ability, you can check the air temp coming out of the unit with a thermometer. A call to the mfgr tech support will get you info on what the temp should be as well as some possible owner fixes. If all else fails exercise the warranty.
Nice rig by the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5438.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	13160  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Do a search on here but there are lots of discussions about AC not cooling. Look for directions on removing the AC inside cover and checking to make sure the warm air return is not mixing with the cool air. That fix is as easy as retaping it. Goid luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
weaselz

Thanks, those are my thoughts too. I have checked if the cool air was mixing with the warm air return. But everything looks good. I have taken back to the dealer.. stay posted.
weaselz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
Mikesamoose

We also have a front living room and the AC in the bedroom will freeze you out. Good luck at the dealer.
Mikesamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #7
notanlines

We have the front bedroom and turn that air on with a small fan in the hall to blow air into the living space. Works great to 94 at least. Your dealer should be able to help you put some cold into that rascal.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, sprinter