Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Ryno

Smile 2012 Cougar 293SAB Coming this Friday

OK I took my family on a 4000 mile journey this year in our Fleetwood Tent Trailer. Upon getting home the Mrs. gave me the green light to buy a 5'r. So I bought a 2012 Cougar 293SAB with the rear bunk room for our kids. It's coming from Pete's RV in Indiana to California and should be here Friday night. I've paid in full so its mine but I havnt signed the acceptance paperwork yet. Anyone have info on what to look for after this thing makes the 2000 mile journey to get here? Or anything to check on this exact model?
Thanks
Ryno
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Scottinvt

We had a. 293 SAB you will live the floor plan!!
Scottinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Ryno, Congratulations on the new Cougar and welcome to the forum. If you look under "General Forums" / "Keystone Questions" you will find a pre delivery inspection checklist. That list will cover just about everything you need to look for, except for the big smiles on your family's faces and the neighbor's envy. Good luck and travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

like hank said look for the pdi check list. to the forum and enjoy the adventures. great wife you have there....nice camper
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Ryno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
like hank said look for the pdi check list. to the forum and enjoy the adventures. great wife you have there....nice camper
Thanks!! Will Do..
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
JBE-Dad

Currently have a 293SAB and no matter what I read about other models I couldn't ask for anything better for us!

2015 Sprinter 316BIK
2015 Ford F150
JBE-Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Kenworth

Congratulations, I also just bought a new '12 293 SAB, about a month ago now...it is perfect for us also. Be sure and check out the front nose cone for serious oxidation, and if it is, have them fix it, (like sand scuff, and clear coat it, or sand and buff/polish). The only problems we have had was the rear toilet was cracked. I did replace the oe fresh water pump with a SurFlo 5.7 variable speed pump, and put some soft rubber between the pump and floor so it quited it down drastically. Personally I wish it would have cut out some of the luxuries ie: electric awning, remote control, and made standard items like vent covers, and ventilation fans in the bedrooms...but oh well. It sure is a step up from our '96 Sportsman...Good luck, and welcome.
Kenworth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar 293sab