Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
brianshellhart

L.p. gas detector solid red with no beep

Hey just wondering why my L.P. gas decetor is red but no alarm sounds when I press the reset button nothing happens it just stays red
brianshellhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

LPG detectors have a service life of around 5 years. There "should be" a "replace before date" stamped on the back of the LPG detector and the owner's manual should address the service life. If this is the "OEM LPG detector" then chances are it's on its "second full service life". Time for a replacement. While you're at it, the CO (carbon monoxide) detector also has a 5 year service life as do most smoke detectors, so........ Yeah, more of your money spent by people you don't even know..... Trust me when I say that with an RV, it never ends....

Many say the two "happiest days" in any RV owners life are the day they buy it and the day they see it pull out of their driveway for the last time......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
brianshellhart

LoL that's funny! Yeah money comes and goes I bought this camper a year ago and I know there is always something going astray. Fix's are fix's thou don't mind spending the money on safety items good to know thanks for the information!
brianshellhart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas