Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
saltyturtle

Furrion FSR122LA-SS gas oven thermostat calibration

We have a new 2017 Alpine 3401RL with the Furrion gas oven model FSR122LA-SS. First problem is the digital temperature read out is about 25 degrees higher than the actual oven temperature. The second problem is the dial temperature knob shows about 40 degrees higher that the digital temperature read out, thus it is about 65 higher than the actual oven temperature. Needless to say, this creates havoc when trying to bake. We have had previous RV ovens that just had the temperature knob that would be as much as 25 degrees off, but nothing as extreme as the Furrion. Has anyone else had this experience and is there a way to calibrate the temperature readout & knob? Or are they faulty and need to be replaced? If so, has anyone had experience with Furrion warranty service. I sent an inquiry to Furrion Support, but have yet to hear back.
saltyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Furrion, like so much of the RV parts and equipment industry, was purchased by Lippert. Their Customer Support, fortunately, is fairly active and user friendly. You can give them a call at 574-537-8900 during business hours and they should be able to give you the information you need to either adjust or get parts for your oven.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:03 PM   #3
saltyturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Furrion, like so much of the RV parts and equipment industry, was purchased by Lippert. Their Customer Support, fortunately, is fairly active and user friendly. You can give them a call at 574-537-8900 during business hours and they should be able to give you the information you need to either adjust or get parts for your oven.
Thanks JRTJH. I contacted Furrion Customer Support and they said that there were no calibration adjustments available so they sent me a complete new stove. I was overwhelmed!!! We installed the new stove this week and it works great!!! Many thanks and much appreciation to Furrion.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

It's been my understanding that RV ovens can be up to 50* off and be considered "good". Not what this baker wanted to learn. I used an oven thermometer the first few times and just learned to adjust the knob.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #5
saltyturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
It's been my understanding that RV ovens can be up to 50* off and be considered "good". Not what this baker wanted to learn. I used an oven thermometer the first few times and just learned to adjust the knob.
I understand that as we have had numerous boat and RVs with ovens that were almost always off at least 25 degrees. So we always have used a separate oven thermometer and adjusted the temp accordingly. The problem with this one was that it would not "hold" the same temperature. It might start out at 350 for a few minutes, then drop to 275, then change to something else over the course of a half hour. NOT GOOD for baking. Digital stuff is great when it works, but worthless when it doesn't.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:19 AM   #6
rbrdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyturtle View Post
Thanks JRTJH. I contacted Furrion Customer Support and they said that there were no calibration adjustments available so they sent me a complete new stove. I was overwhelmed!!! We installed the new stove this week and it works great!!! Many thanks and much appreciation to Furrion.
Were you able to do that yourself, or did you have to take it to a dealer for warranty work?
rbrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furrion gas oven, furrion warranty service, gas