Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
Javi

Saw a thread about cubbyholes and it got me to thinking

What would y'all do with these two..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABOVE pg.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	29790   Click image for larger version

Name:	FRIDGE.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	29791  
Old 09-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Fill both with mouse bait.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe a member just posted in the last day or so how he found a drawer front that fit the space above his refrigerator (or was it his wine storage rack) and he installed the drawer front as a cabinet door to enclose the space....

As for the one over the sofa, my DW has this "fetish" of wanting knick knacks sitting around... Impossible to do in an RV that is towed, so she "hot glues her junk" (I'm trying to be nice) to the shelves to keep them "where she wants them".... I'm not sure (certainly not a hot glue expert) but there's different levels of permanence in hot glues... AFAIK, she uses one that can be pulled apart without damaging the shelf or the item.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
Laredo Tugger

I assume you have the trailer loaded already and those "cubbyholes" came up as extra space.
The one above the fridge looks good for lightweight kitchen support stuff. Boxes of trash bags, zip lock baggies, some linens maybe. Things that wont easily jump out while towing and if they do,no damage.
The opening above the couch looks like they forgot to install the cabinet doors. I would find other Avalanche models (and other Keystone models may provide) that have similar cabinets with that "span" and order 2 doors to match. Or go to HD or Lowes and find the doors, maybe consider another color (white or black with designer doors or a fake glass insert would look nice. If all else fails put that netting material over it with some hooks and call it good for whatever you put in it?
Good luck.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I believe a member just posted in the last day or so how he found a drawer front that fit the space above his refrigerator (or was it his wine storage rack) and he installed the drawer front as a cabinet door to enclose the space....

As for the one over the sofa, my DW has this "fetish" of wanting knick knacks sitting around... Impossible to do in an RV that is towed, so she "hot glues her junk" (I'm trying to be nice) to the shelves to keep them "where she wants them".... I'm not sure (certainly not a hot glue expert) but there's different levels of permanence in hot glues... AFAIK, she uses one that can be pulled apart without damaging the shelf or the item.
Yep.. that's the thread I saw..

The one above the fridge is as deep as the fridge and without standing on a stepladder I couldn't reach the back of it.. BTW that's where the plug for the fridge is located..

The one above the couch is a real brain twister... it's to deep for DVD's although it's the right height..

Personally, none of it is a problem for me.. However, the DW is laying awake every night thinking about what to put up in those holes.. So far, none of my suggestions have been accepted..

Oh... there's two more under the TV... too small to put DVD's in and too big for just the remotes..

We haven't even filled all the cabinets yet and she's worried about cubbyholes...
Old 09-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Your DW should talk with my DW. God blessed her but my DW would fill the Taj Mahal if I owned it. After thinking about it, do yourself a favor and don't tell your DW to talk with my DW!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #7
dutchmensport

Put anything in those cubbies you want. Use a tension rod across the front to keep them from jumping out when in transit.

FYI: Go to Wall Mart, to the shower curtain section of the store and pick up a short shower tension rod. They work great for things like this. The newer ones twist 1/2 turn and then can slide to length, then twist back 1/2 turn and they lock in place. Keep twisting and they get tighter and tighter. I used them in my refrigerator and when not in transit, I use one of these across the door for a curtain holder.

Works great! Here's mine in "action" in my refrigerator.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:17 AM   #8
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
What would y'all do with these two..
Liquor Cabinets...Both of them. My DW is too short to reach either one so I know she wouldn't be tempted to get into my Whisky
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:29 PM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Liquor Cabinets...Both of them. My DW is too short to reach either one so I know she wouldn't be tempted to get into my Whisky
Already setup a bar in the appliance cabinet.. looks great and highly functional being next to the freezer with its icemaker..
Old 09-15-2020, 12:33 PM   #10
Texas Steve

Put in some of those fancy blue lights!....You can never have enough blue lights!
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote