Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #10
waltheraustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
John and Joe may be onto something. I've been looking and Curt has some very impressive positive reviews. None I saw even vaguely mentioned a failure like yours....in fact no failures from metal fatigue.

I just can't figure a receive breaking like that. I pick my 3/4 ton truck up and down with my hitch in the receiver, back wherever I want with the sway bars etc. on and nothing at all fazes my receiver. I've never hand any other receiver give me that kind of issue either. Which makes me thin faulty receiver. With so many positive reviews maybe something IS happening during usage that is causing the issue. I would think it would have to be something really bad or just a poor grade metal in the receiver; I don't know but looking at what is happening to the receiver might be something to check. You said these last cracks come on a new receiver while you were trying to adjust the Equalizer. If so, having set up an Equalizer, there is nothing in that process that would even begin to put enough stress on the receiver to crack it. Just a thought....what class is the receiver....4? Thinking that maybe it's a light weight receiver and the sheer weight of a heavier trailer is causing it...?
The trailer is within the limits of the 12000/1200lb limits especially not loaded for camping. I need to get it weighed to be sure but it can't be greater than 1200lbs (no battery was even on yesterday)
waltheraustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout