Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
piccolo

antenna

I have a 2015 outback super lite 38 foot travel trailer with three slide outs. I have been using the over the air antenna since new. I just opened up the rv to get ready for a trip and both tv's have no signal. I have traced all cables back to the wall and climbed on roof but everything is enclosed. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? It does not have the Key tv controller....
piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:09 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You need to find the booster plate and verify it has power and is turned on.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
piccolo

booster plate is behind tv in bedroom and it is on.
piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:16 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Ok. Simple question are the TV’s set to antenna and not cable?

Sounds like you have a wineguard 360 on the roof?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:16 PM   #5
travelin texans

Have you scanned the channels from the setup menu on the TV? This needs done every time you relocate or change inputs.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:19 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo View Post
I have a 2015 outback super lite 38 foot travel trailer with three slide outs. I have been using the over the air antenna since new. I just opened up the rv to get ready for a trip and both tv's have no signal. I have traced all cables back to the wall and climbed on roof but everything is enclosed. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? It does not have the Key tv controller....
If you have been using it successfully at different locations for 7 + years then something has changed. First off look at the wall plate with the power button to choose between antenna and cable. Confirm it has 12vdc going to it. Also confirm that the coax going to the antenna is carrying 12vdc as that's how the antenna gets it's power. Weingaurd sells replacement wall plates. Most any RV store would have them. If it has power then I would look at the cable on the roof.

Do you have a crank up style antenna (batwing) or a saucer looking antenna? If the cable is visible check for damage from tree limbs or rodents. Speaking of rodents, are there any signs inside the camper of rodents? They can play havoc by chewing wires that are unseen.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna