Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2022, 09:34 PM   #1
Derboreno

Another no power at inverter outlets, overnight failure

2022 Keystone Passport 189RB with the Solarflex 400I package. My problem is similar to others that have more than one GFCI outlet. Near as I can tell, the 189RB only has one GFCI outlet.

The power inverter, Xantrex Freedom XC 2000, turns on (powers up, fan runs) but no power to the power outlets. In my search, there is only one GFCI outlet in the string that I can find (adjacent to the door) and it has no power, will not test and will not reset. No power to it or any other 120VAC outlets that are assumedly downstream, all with inverter outlet/solar flex stickers. The inverter shows the icon on the screen that the batteries are connected to the inverter. See photos below.

When I connect to 30A shore power (3500W Generator with ground and neutral bonded) the inverter auto switches and the screen icon shows shore power is bypassing the inverter. All breakers where cycled to reset. Again, no power to the GFCI outlets. The one GFCI outlet has no power, will not test and will not reset. No power to it or any other 120VAC outlets in the trailer with the inverter sticker. However, the non-GFCI power outlet at the head of the bed on the passenger side has shore power, plus the A/C and the microwave function. The reset button on the inverter is soft/floppy with nothing to push against so I assume no problem there.

What am I missing?

Thankfully, the 12VDC system and fridge are unaffected, beer is cold. There is perhaps some type of code in the 3rd photo but no info in the manual. Any ideas or considerations?
TIA…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	41540   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	41541   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	41542  
Derboreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:12 AM   #2
Derboreno

Just nod if you can here me...

RESOLVED. Dealer took it in as an immediate response and found loose/disconnected wires at the inverter wire anchors and dangling hardware at the strain relief clamp. Thanks Keystone assembly line for adding to the long list of failures.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:30 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Nodding. Just so you are aware this forum has not affiliation with Keystone nor is it monitored by anyone from them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 12:20 PM   #4
Derboreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Nodding. Just so you are aware this forum has not affiliation with Keystone nor is it monitored by anyone from them.
I do recall reading that, was not seeking a response from them. I was facetiously thanking Keystone for below average performance. I have seen good trouble shooting and intuitive advice for different problems on this group.

Tags
inverter, outlets, power