Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2022, 01:45 PM   #21
albon

Locked out of Everest '10,,,,

This is albon: Follow up on the door lock issue. I spoke with a repair guru, he recommended that I have a lock smith rebuild the tumbler that I pulled the key out of in the locked position, just to be safe. Will run that by one of his recommended locksmiths.

Thanks again for all the replies we received on this issue!
albon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 05:49 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albon View Post
This is albon: Follow up on the door lock issue. I spoke with a repair guru, he recommended that I have a lock smith rebuild the tumbler that I pulled the key out of in the locked position, just to be safe. Will run that by one of his recommended locksmiths.

Thanks again for all the replies we received on this issue!
Do you have any knowledge of whether your locksets were part of the FASTEC recall? Most of the FASTEC RV locksets from 2006-2013 were recalled because of a "lockout problem where the locks could not be opened with a key or from the inside".... You can read the recall here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...3E039-0123.pdf

FASTEC locksets were almost exclusively what was installed on Keystone RV's during that time frame.

Even if the recall is "dead and no longer active" at least the information will give you some insight into what "could have been your problem".... On the other hand, if the recall is still active and your lockset is one of the ones recalled, but not replaced, you could be eligible for a "free upgrade for your locksets".....

Might be worth checking it out, eh ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 07:10 AM   #23
Berdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

....Even if the recall is "dead and no longer active" at least the information will give you some insight into what "could have been your problem".... On the other hand, if the recall is still active and your lockset is one of the ones recalled, but not replaced, you could be eligible for a "free upgrade for your locksets".....

Might be worth checking it out, eh ???
I had the lockout problem with FASTEC lock this June on my 2015 RBIWE. I contacted FASTEC on the recall and they sent me new cylinder sets. Less than 5 minutes to replace cylinders. So recall is still being honored. You fill out a form on their website. I did have to follow up on phone as for some reason the order did not get fulfilled automatically but was in there system.

Brien

2015 Cougar 22RBIWE
2020 Silverado LT Crew Cab 5.3L 4WD
Berdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:55 AM   #24
InkedMarie

We replaced our locks with those from RVLock.com. Glad we did. We have key fobs and we can also push the buttons.

2021 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 32 rli
InkedMarie is offline   Reply With Quote