Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
jaschembra

Grey, Black tanks - Help

2015 Fuzion 325 - stats say there is 1 black and 1 grey tank. However, inside our monitoring panel, it shows Black 1or2, Grey 1, and Grey 2 opt. We are on day 2 of camping and our Grey 1 shows empty and Grey 2 opt. shows 2/3 full. Question, if anyone knows - why would Grey 2 opt. be showing 2/3 full if there is only 1 grey tank (it is 86 gallons in the stats) and question 2 is: Does anyone know the layouts of the 325 as to what water goes into which tank? Thank you. We are newbies.
jaschembra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #2
Canonman

Welcome to the Forum. I believe your Fuzion is equipped with one 43 gallon black tank and two 43 gallon gray tanks. One gray should be for the shower and bathroom sink while the other should be for the galley.
Best guess, the one reading empty, likely has a bad sensor, assuming you have used both the galley and bathroom sinks. Best way to tell is to dump each gray tank and see in they both have water in them. There should be two separate handles one for each tank and third for the black tank.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 02:52 PM   #3
jaschembra

Thank you. Yes, our seller had told us there were two grey tanks and we have 2 pull valve handles (1 black and 1 grey) in our water control compartment and another pull valve near the main dump pipe - I would assume maybe that is the other grey. When we are home, we will play around with it and figure where water goes. Get a little more educated. I don’t know why the stats show only 1 grey tank.
Old 08-19-2022, 02:59 PM   #4
Canonman

I don't know why they do either. There is only so much room between the cross frame members. Evidently, enough for a 43 gallon tank. Maybe it just sounds cooler to say one tank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5527.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	41285  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:15 PM   #5
travelin texans

If you'll notice in the specs those tanks are listed under "capacities" not "tanks". You'll find also that the fresh water "capacity" is the fresh water tank & the water heater whatever size it may be.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:23 PM   #6
jaschembra

Awe! Makes so much sense now. And once home I started loading the shower to see where it went as I had read some go to black (didn’t think ours did but wasn’t sure) and it went to Grey 1. So, grey 1 is bathroom (sink/shower) and Grey 2 opt is our galley (kitchen) and I would assume laundry but we don’t have anything hooked up. Now, when our macerator arrives, we’ll double check which grey gate valves are which lol. Assuming the one in our water compartment (near the the black valve) is the bathroom Grey 1 and the one nearest the waste outlet is the kitchen Grey 2. Any knowledge on this? Thanks!
Old 08-20-2022, 07:16 PM   #7
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaschembra View Post
Awe! Makes so much sense now. And once home I started loading the shower to see where it went as I had read some go to black (didn’t think ours did but wasn’t sure) and it went to Grey 1. So, grey 1 is bathroom (sink/shower) and Grey 2 opt is our galley (kitchen) and I would assume laundry but we don’t have anything hooked up. Now, when our macerator arrives, we’ll double check which grey gate valves are which lol. Assuming the one in our water compartment (near the the black valve) is the bathroom Grey 1 and the one nearest the waste outlet is the kitchen Grey 2. Any knowledge on this? Thanks!
That’s how mine is laid out.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 07:31 PM   #8
roadglide

Quote:
There maybe a pull handed drivers side under the slide in front of the first tire . I rerouted the Gallery handle right forward of the slide .
I don’t need to get on my hands and knees to dump the Gallery tank . It’s not a big deal moving it forward . Maybe I can sell my idea to the engineer and get a royalty check.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:58 AM   #9
K_N_L

Quote:
Have the same model and you're correct on the layout. Word of caution regarding the black/grey in the water compartment, sometimes Fuzion got them reversed, so if your sewer connection has a elbow section where you can 'observe' the flow, might check to be sure.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 08:04 AM   #10
Camp CA

Quote:
........2015 Fuzion 325 - stats say there is 1 black and 1 grey tank. However, inside our monitoring panel, it shows Black 1or2, Grey 1, and Grey 2 opt. We are on day 2 of camping and our Grey 1 shows empty and Grey 2 opt. shows 2/3 full. Question, if anyone knows - why would Grey 2 opt. be showing 2/3 full if there is only 1 grey tank (it is 86 gallons in the stats) and question 2 is: Does anyone know the layouts of the 325 as to what water goes into which tank? Thank you. We are newbies.
Do you have 3 tank dump valves? If yes, then you have 1 black and 2 grey tanks. Ususally one grey tank for the bathroom and the other for the kitchen sink. Level monitors are generic so best to check the number of dump valves. As far as tank level monitors...........I ignore them since they are unreliable...........instead once the shower pan AND kitchen sink stops draining then you know it is time to drain.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:41 AM   #11
travelin texans

QOUTE
..........instead once the shower pan AND kitchen sink stops draining then you know it is time to drain.
A bit of advice, be sure to train the DW on which handle to pull to drain the shower, it never fails that the only time it fills is when I'm in there all lathered up ankle deep in water.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 10:27 AM   #12
Camp CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
QOUTE........A bit of advice, be sure to train the DW on which handle to pull to drain the shower, it never fails that the only time it fills is when I'm in there all lathered up ankle deep in water.
Great advise.........DW trained and fortunately the shower sump pan has just enough capacity to rinse us off the later BEFORE it overflows.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:24 AM   #13
jaschembra

Thanks K_N_L! We'll be sure to watch once we dump. We live on 10 acres and plan on dumping into our septic using a macerator (expected arrival is Friday). Yes, ours is a 2015 and we love it. If I figure out how to post a pic in my signature, I will.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:27 AM   #14
jaschembra

on the showers dumping

Tags
black tank, tank