Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2022, 08:06 AM   #41
bsmith0404

Well it finally caught up with me as well. In the middle of our month long vacation and I got it. First time I’ve really been around large groups of people, we went to Mt Rushmore. Must have gotten it from someone there with all the lines and crowded gift shop. So far my wife hasn’t gotten it, hope it stays that way. Hard to keep out distance from each other in a 40’ 5th wheel. Luckily we’ve done most of what we had planned while here already so I’m staying in bed for the last couple days before we head to Yellowstone. I’ll be out of the contagious period by the time we get there.

BTW, very low car count at the races. Only five 360 sprints showed up. I’m sure Knoxville will be different , but it seems like a lot of people have just given up traveling for races with the cost of diesel and racing fuel running about $10/gallon.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:01 AM   #42
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
6 yr old grandson was back to 100% in 48 hours.
It's been 10 days since Betty and I tested positive, we are out of the contagious stage. Both of us still feeling like we got knocked down hard. We were having big issues coughing up phlegm whenever we would lie down. Sleep was elusive. Mucinex has helped. Tired, wore out and don't want to do anything.
Son says he is doing OK. Said it was a blessing in disguise. He was scheduled to go on vacation to Arkansas with his in laws.
I'm waiting on my lawn lady to show up to trim hedges. It's forecast to be 100F+ today and I'm not up to it.
Time marches on.
100F? That ain't that bad. I had jury duty yesterday and took my trike over to Hondo. Went for lunch and when I pulled into the parking lot at the court building, my temp reading on my Goldwing said 111F. I gotta start wearing a long sleeve shirt on days like yesterday; felt like I was in a toaster oven. We need rain badly.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #43
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
100F? That ain't that bad. I had jury duty yesterday and took my trike over to Hondo. Went for lunch and when I pulled into the parking lot at the court building, my temp reading on my Goldwing said 111F. I gotta start wearing a long sleeve shirt on days like yesterday; felt like I was in a toaster oven. We need rain badly.
We've been hitting 100 plus. Further north and west have been hotter. WE do get a bit of an afternoon sea breeze. We are forecast 103 tomorrow, then a bit of a cool off with afternoon showers. I can't remember when we last got rain.
I used to wonder why my Dad and grandpa would wear those long sleeve khaki shirts in the summer time. One summer in the sun answered that. Working in Laredo in 115F I had to wear Fire Resistant Clothing. Unfortunately, it was NOMEX not cotton. In the Deer Park Refinery we called it the "miracle fabric": hot in summer and cold in winter.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:05 PM   #44
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Well it finally caught up with me as well. In the middle of our month long vacation and I got it. First time I’ve really been around large groups of people, we went to Mt Rushmore. Must have gotten it from someone there with all the lines and crowded gift shop. So far my wife hasn’t gotten it, hope it stays that way. Hard to keep out distance from each other in a 40’ 5th wheel. Luckily we’ve done most of what we had planned while here already so I’m staying in bed for the last couple days before we head to Yellowstone. I’ll be out of the contagious period by the time we get there.

BTW, very low car count at the races. Only five 360 sprints showed up. I’m sure Knoxville will be different , but it seems like a lot of people have just given up traveling for races with the cost of diesel and racing fuel running about $10/gallon.
We suspect who our super spreader was. Son is prepping for a new house build and his dirt contractor is the only person we were around.
Get you some Mucinex to deal with all the snot you will be coughing up. Some Ibuprofen as well.
I'm hoping the 410's will have a good field at Knoxville. With a purse of $970,000, they should. Winner gets $150,000, and $10,000 minimum to finish the feature.
The 360 boys are on a comparative shoestring budget. Gary Wright (multiyear 360 champion) told me he had no problem running the same engine all year. Of course Gary knew exactly what he had in that engine.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:36 PM   #45
bsmith0404

It hasn’t hit me that bad, I went through a day of back and forth between chills and sweating. Coughed up a bit of mucus, worst sore throat I’ve ever had, but feel pretty good today. I’m at the 72 hour point right now and seem to be over the hump. Yesterday was pretty bad. So far the only thing I’ve taken is Tylenol.

Hope you’re right about the 410s. I think that race will bring everyone out of the woodwork. There’s a few of those each year with big enough payout to make it worth the trip.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:05 PM   #46
Laredo Tugger

Quote:

Back when the " quarantine hype" was at it's peak, DW and I discussed what we would do if one of us caught the crud. We agreed that one of us would probably have to take up residence in an open bedroom and the other one would be a "caretaker". A couple days later I told her that I had figured out if I just tell her I do not feel well I could get 10 days of peace and quiet in my own room and have my food and beer brought to me on command. All while watching my own television and not listening to her. Yeah, she didn't think it was funny either .
We have not and will not get the vaccinations. We have both had small sniffles and mild symptoms only a few times since this whole "pandemic" thing started. I just don't think getting vaccinated and telling my immune system to stand down is the correct remedy. I have no quorum with those that wish to get vaccinated and follow through with the subsequent "boosters". I do know I can visit a few of my friends that did prescribe to "the shot" if I so chose. In the cemetery.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:35 PM   #47
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
Back when the " quarantine hype" was at it's peak, DW and I discussed what we would do if one of us caught the crud. We agreed that one of us would probably have to take up residence in an open bedroom and the other one would be a "caretaker". A couple days later I told her that I had figured out if I just tell her I do not feel well I could get 10 days of peace and quiet in my own room and have my food and beer brought to me on command. All while watching my own television and not listening to her. Yeah, she didn't think it was funny either .
We have not and will not get the vaccinations. We have both had small sniffles and mild symptoms only a few times since this whole "pandemic" thing started. I just don't think getting vaccinated and telling my immune system to stand down is the correct remedy. I have no quorum with those that wish to get vaccinated and follow through with the subsequent "boosters". I do know I can visit a few of my friends that did prescribe to "the shot" if I so chose. In the cemetery.
RMc
Yeah? But the good news is that nobody has had either the flu or a cold since the pandemic started!
Old 07-12-2022, 02:50 PM   #48
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Yeah? But the good news is that nobody has had either the flu or a cold since the pandemic started!
^^^LOL!! Ain't it the truth. Haven't seen a stat on anything anymore, it's all covid!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:52 PM   #49
bsmith0404

Quote:
Would be nice to know what the real numbers are. I know we’ve all heard stories of bogus causes of death, but to give an example, I personally know someone who’s aunt was killed in a car accident. Took them two weeks to get the death certificate, apparently she had Covid when she had the accident because that’s what was listed as the cause of death. I know the numbers are inflated and now all of the sudden it’s not that big of a deal if someone gets Covid really makes you wonder.

We aren’t vaxed, don’t want to get it, but also have a cruise we booked coming up in Feb that may require it.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:12 PM   #50
Laredo Tugger

Totally agree Brent.
They are now touting a new Omicron variant and using "case numbers" as the catalyst of fear. Not deaths, not hospitalizations just (maybe positive) cases from testing that can be completely misleading. I believe this variant is the BA.5. This after we have endured their rhetoric (aka BS) through variants BA.2, BA 2.75 and BA.4. Give me break.
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:34 PM   #51
gearhead

Quote:

Looks like the stars are headed your way. Kyle Larson says he will not be at The Chili Bowl:
https://www.racingamerica.com/news/d...bp-57768655980
Old 07-13-2022, 07:41 PM   #52
wiredgeorge

I might have Monkey Pox. My knuckles are starting to get raw from dragging them on the ground. I am going to have a banana before bed. Nighty night!
Old 07-16-2022, 05:43 PM   #53
gearhead

Daughter has it, son in law has it.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:38 PM   #54
chuckster57
Site Team

Mask mandates are being discussed again out here.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:55 PM   #55
bsmith0404

Quote:
Looks like the stars are headed your way. Kyle Larson says he will not be at The Chili Bowl:
https://www.racingamerica.com/news/d...bp-57768655980
That’s good news. The WWSO was good this year considering it was the first time they held it in Vado, BShep, Marlar, Turbo, EPJ, Weiss, Alberson and the Scott brothers, along with a few other big names were there. Missed some others from the Lucas Oil series because of the Chili Bowl. Be nice to see more of them show up. Maybe Larson highlighting the payout difference will get others thinking about it as well. Marlar won it this year.
Old 07-17-2022, 04:55 AM   #56
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Mask mandates are being discussed again out here.
Yeah I'm hearing that too.
Daughter works for Humana and hasn't been in the office since this began. Son in law is with TC Energy and just went back to the office 3 days a week. I expect that to be reversed.
Based on our family it seems the younger you are, the milder the effects and the shorter the duration.
One of the local TV talking heads just repeated the low numbers of hospitalizations with covid. He's thinking covid is replacing pneumonia as a end of life condition. Maybe.
I don't mind saying it kicked this grandpa's butt.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:31 AM   #57
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Daughter has it, son in law has it.

Hope it will turn out well for them.
Have a good friend, retired from AF, who still cannot walk well almost a year later. He got his smell and taste back but his balance appears to be permanently shot.

Are you finally feeling better?

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:31 AM   #58
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
Have a good friend, retired from AF, who still cannot walk well almost a year later. He got his smell and taste back but his balance appears to be permanently shot.

Yeah me and the wife are feeling better. We tested positive and felt terrible July 4/5. We don't have quite the symptoms as before. But still coughing up snot after lying down a while. Neither one of us is motivated to do anything.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #59
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post

My taste and smell are all messed up.
But worse....I find myself shuffling like uncle Joe Biden. I'm scaring myself.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:11 PM   #60
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustinbeards View Post
Doesn’t kill the appetite, but does take the joy out of eating.
That was my experience. I lost 15 lbs. over COVID, just because nothing tasted like anything. To be fair, it was good for me, and even with the rest of the COVID, was still way less painful overall than dieting it off.