Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2022, 10:39 AM   #1
kl281071

219bh 2022 electrical

Hi, I am looking at importing the 219bh model into New Zealand. I need to make sure it can be easily converted to NZ standards. Does anyone one know which if the appliances don't use 12v? Eg fridge, over, TV, air con.
Also, the NZ standard for wiring is MULTICORE, not single. Do you guys know or have information on that the keystone units are
kl281071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 11:43 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The refrigerator (both gas/electric and 12 VDC compressor) use 12 VDC in the control circuits. The gas/electric also uses 120 VAC to power the electric heating element. The oven, if there are LED lights around the knobs, use 12 VDC. The slide motors, landing gear, furnace and awning all use 12 VDC motors. The range hood and bathroom vent fans are 12 VDC. The Air conditioner and the converter/charger are operated by 120 VAC, 60 cycles.

As for entertainment, most TV's are 120 VAC and the radio/stereo is 12 VDC.

Trailer lighting is 12 VDC as is the running lights/brake/tail lights.

All alternating current (AC) wiring is ROMEX (solid strand) with the exception of the flexible connection cable between the main trailer body and the slide body which is multi-strand copper cable.

All direct current (DC) wiring is multi-strand copper wire, usually individual wires rather than multiple insulated wire inside a common cable assembly.

The shore power cable is multi-strand AC cable. 3 conductors in 30 amp supply lines and 4 conductors in 50 amp supply lines.

The trailer umbilical connection to the tow vehicle uses a 7 pin cable. I believe the Austrailian/ NZ umbilical connection is either a 7 pin round connector which is wired differently from the US standard configuration or a 12 pin rectangular connector.

One major consideration (at least for me) is that the entry door is on the opposite side as is the awning. That means that entering or exiting the trailer while towing means being on the "active roadway side of the trailer" if parked on the side of a highway or in a parking lot.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
kl281071

Thank you, this has helped tremendously with my decision-making. You are a wealth of knowledge. Would you have wiring schematics, so I can show the local compliance people in New Zealand?
kl281071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:43 PM   #4
Gord

Something else to consider is most North American appliances are 120V 60Hz and New Zealand is 230V 50Hz. Might be an issue for the converter, air conditioner, microwave and the electric element in the water heater.
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:02 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl281071 View Post
Thank you, this has helped tremendously with my decision-making. You are a wealth of knowledge. Would you have wiring schematics, so I can show the local compliance people in New Zealand?
Keystone does not provide any "build data" in the form of schematics, plumbing diagrams, propane gas runs, sidewall, floor or roofing blueprints. Those items are considered "proprietary information" by Keystone.

Why they consider it such is beyond my comprehension because EVERY person who has bought a trailer has all of that information "readily available and parked in their driveway"... I can't understand why Keystone is reluctant to release that information, but for some reason, they repeatedly refuse to provide the information to customers or even to dealerships....

You might contact Keystone and discuss with them what information they're willing to release to you for import to New Zealand. They may make exceptions for "out of country trailers" that those of us with "in country trailers" don't have...

You can contact them via the company website. There is a "contact us" link at: https://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical