Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2022, 10:05 AM   #1
Rick_Shook

Question 2021 27SGS Refrigerator Wiring Issues

We bought a used 2021 27SGS which we like very much. When we bought it the previous owner disclosed that the refrigerator outlet did not work, and in order to run it off 120VAC he had to run an extension cord to the plug.

Some investigation on my part showed that there is no current in the supply line to the outlet. Here’s where I run into problems: I can’t figure out where the supply line is coming from! I understand from reading the forums that Keystone does not share 120V wiring diagrams. (Any ideas why?)

The only other 120VAC power in the kitchen slideout is the 20A line to the microwave. It’s occurred to me to pull power from this, but doing so would require removing the microwave (easy) and the stove (somewhat more work).

Any ideas? Suggestions? Where might I go for more info?

Thanks in advance!

Rick
Rick_Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

I think Jayco is the only manufacturer that will give you wiring diagrams. Your refer being in a slide, may be a loose connection in the underbelly. The factory will use Romex from the breaker panel to the underbelly where a molex connector will be used to change to stranded wire (like an extension cord) since it’s flexible into the slide. At that point they will use another molex plug to change back to Romex. You may have to remove a drawer or panel to trace the Romex, I’m betting on a failed connection.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
Rick_Shook

2021 27SGS Refrigerator Issues

Chuck,

Thanks for the quick and in-depth response. I appreciate your perspective.

I did not consider a failure in a connection like you describe. I will do some exploring and look for this.

Rick
Rick_Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:20 PM   #4
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Shook View Post
We bought a used 2021 27SGS which we like very much. When we bought it the previous owner disclosed that the refrigerator outlet did not work, and in order to run it off 120VAC he had to run an extension cord to the plug.

Some investigation on my part showed that there is no current in the supply line to the outlet. Here’s where I run into problems: I can’t figure out where the supply line is coming from! I understand from reading the forums that Keystone does not share 120V wiring diagrams. (Any ideas why?)

The only other 120VAC power in the kitchen slideout is the 20A line to the microwave. It’s occurred to me to pull power from this, but doing so would require removing the microwave (easy) and the stove (somewhat more work).

Any ideas? Suggestions? Where might I go for more info?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

I had this happen on our 2020 Cougar 26RBSWE. The fridge outlet was dead. Through diagnostic testing I discovered that in fact, 4 outlets were dead and they were all on the same circuit. In my case the fault lay in the bedroom outlet on the passenger side. The line worker put three pieces of romex into the back of one RV outlet. The one neutral wire from the breaker box did NOT crimp in and make the connection. So every outlet down stream was dead, as well as this outlet.

I found help on the FR forum, and ultimately posted my solution there. I'll post the link to it here but have a gut feeling I'm not supposed to do that. If the Moderator needs to delete the link search threads started by me on the other forum and you'll find it.

Moderator: if I shouldn't have posted the link, please delete only the link and leave the rest of my post. I think the info may the OP.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...et-227222.html
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:30 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Posting a link that helps answer a question or provides guidance is not a problem or a violation. As long as the link is not "advertising or recruiting" (SPAM) it's OK.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:46 AM   #6
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Posting a link that helps answer a question or provides guidance is not a problem or a violation. As long as the link is not "advertising or recruiting" (SPAM) it's OK.
Thanks. I appreciate the clarification.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring