Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2022, 09:57 PM   #1
Topher H

Ford F350 Backup Camera Wires

Hello, I am installing an F350 backup camera on the back of my Cougar and it is wired. I am trying to determine the best way to run the wires down the back of the camper from the pre-wired mount. I see where the wires are going but not sure exactly how to route them without damaging my brand new RV. Has anyone ever done this before? I appreciate the help!
Topher H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
86GT2r

Most folks go wireless for their cameras for this reason. The picture quality most likely will be better with a wired camera. If you go with the Ford factory setup, please be aware that the camera will only work while backing up, not traveling down the road unless you have modifications made. A search should bring up more on this topic.
I have the 360 camera option on my F350, but will likely go wireless when I decide to add a trailer camera.
Good luck with your install & hopefully this bump will gather more responses.
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:25 AM   #3
mjeronimo

Camera

I installed my factory camera on my 36BHQ my F350 is a 2020, I also installed a NAV-TV so I could use it while driving (like a rear view mirror). In 2021 they changed it so can turn it on while driving from the factory. You won’t need the trailers (prewired) the camera is powered through the harness Ford provides. I used the ceiling light holes to fish it from the back to front, Then down to basement then to pin box, sistered to 7 way, it connects in bed same location in bed of truck. I don’t know what year your truck is but the Camera in Motion (Cod-53) from NAV-TV is 500 bucks (sometimes there is a group buy on the truck forums I think I paid like 300-350) if your truck is 2021 or newer should work from factory.
mjeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford