Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2022, 01:58 PM   #41
bsmith0404

In my younger days I was a RM and Katana/GSXR guy. Stopped riding for several years, but decided it was time to switch to cruisers. Ride V-Stars for a few years and finally switched to Harleys. My wife loves riding on the ultra, I still prefer my heritage, sooo much more nimble and fun to ride. Maybe a little if the sport blood is still in me,

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:43 PM   #42
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
In my younger days I was a RM and Katana/GSXR guy. Stopped riding for several years, but decided it was time to switch to cruisers. Ride V-Stars for a few years and finally switched to Harleys. My wife loves riding on the ultra, I still prefer my heritage, sooo much more nimble and fun to ride. Maybe a little if the sport blood is still in me,
The Red/Black bike I'm on in the picture of me on the track, is a GSX-R750. It was a sweet track bike and of course aftermarket suspension components, race tires, custom mapping for more HP and torque, along with GP shifting which if you don't know what that is, the shift pattern is reversed. Instead of 1 down and 5 up, it's 1 up and five down. Reversing the shift pattern allows for faster/safer shifting while leaned over in a corner with a knee on the deck.....and you can just tap the shifter down and not have to worry about putting the toe of your boot under the shift lever and dragging/catching you toe/boot on the pavement.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:01 AM   #43
hawghauler

Mr Smith I can tell you how to make that ultra 3 times as nimble as raked out softee

Delete rear isolators call Brannon white @ mad monkey Motorsports he will sell you good ones
Next put spherical bearings in the arm replacing the factory rubber bushings and follow that up with a set of working shock absorbers I'm running JRI most go with ohlins ( better stickers ?? ) up front use racetech gold valve emulators call sonic springs and tell them what you weigh what she weighs and how much junk is in the bags ( your shock source needs same info ) now blow the guts out of the forks mod the dampening rod as racetech advises use yellow springs in emulators I'm @ 1.75 turns preload you'll need to experiment with thos setting the 1.75 turns is where I settled personally ( I also run the old anti dive system the crash bar is am air reservoir when brakes are applied a switch closes reducing compressible air space thus stiffening front end eliminating brake dive imo bikes with this mass need this the moco feels otherwise more than likely for fiscal reasons ) now let's talk brakes lol
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:09 AM   #44
bsmith0404

That all makes sense. Why is it people in this forum always know how to spend my money, no matter what subject is brought up? I’ll have to screenshot that and save it or just get back to you at some point. Still installing vintage air and new wiring harnesses in the vette. I can play with the bikes when that’s done.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:15 AM   #45
hawghauler

The big money will go to shocks all other parts are roughly 100 bucks an item you'll need a press for the arm bearings and a method to support bike ( I've done a few ratchet strapped to garage rafters )
Old 06-21-2022, 06:19 AM   #46
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawghauler View Post
The big money will go to shocks all other parts are roughly 100 bucks an item you'll need a press for the arm bearings and a method to support bike ( I've done a few ratchet strapped to garage rafters )
I’m going to build a bike lift at some point. I’m tired of getting down on the floor to do a 3 hole change or trying to clean under the bike. I have a portable stand I put then bikes on when I detail them works ok, but only gets them a couple inches off the ground and is in the way for draining fluids.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:41 AM   #47
hawghauler

I put a harbor freight wheel chock on my snap on tmid rise ift. It works great already had lift chock was 40ish
Old 08-08-2022, 04:28 PM   #48
hawghauler

Currently setup @ Teaberry hill just outside Robinsville NC beautiful campground
Old 08-08-2022, 05:52 PM   #49
vampress_me

I’m sorry guys. I may not be the most educated person out there and may have the weirdest sense of humor, but the title of this thread REALLY caught my eye - “Need site near TOD”.

I was half scared, half intrigued by the fact someone knew exactly where/ when they were going to be at their TOD (time of death). And then I saw it was the name of a road…I don’t know if that was a letdown or a relief.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:35 PM   #50
wiredgeorge

I won't mention the Twisted Sisters here in the Hill Country then....
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote