Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
jjorvig

Cougar Inverter Pre-wire Loop Location

I have recently purchased a 2019 315RLS that has the inverter pre-wire for 3 outlets. I have been hunting for the location of the wire loop to tap into for those outlets and so far have come up blank. I did see one mention on the forum of a box on the ceiling of the pass-thru as the location, however I do not have that in my rig. Has anyone been successful in locating the mysterious wire loop that goes to those 3 pre-wired outlets? I have posed the question directly to Keystone also to see what they come back with.
jjorvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
jjorvig

Wired all 15a non-GFI outlets to Inverter

I was never able to locate where I could tap the 3 pre-wired outlets. I ended up just wiring all the 15a non-GFI outlets to the inverter. I just grabbed the outlet wire from the breaker box and made that the output of the inverter via a transfer switch. The other input to the transfer switch then came from a new wire off the 15a breaker that was originally hooked to this outlets.

Now when on shore power the path to the outlets is through the breaker box and when not on shore power the transfer switch hooks the outlets to the inverter. Works just fine this way. Not worried about too much draw off all these outlets since all they run is the TV, a CPAP and maybe some USB chargers.
jjorvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
KRumm

Slightly off subject but I don’t think the inverter prewired includes the microwave (seems like this would be preferable)... Has anyone modified the prewired to include the microwave...

To the OP... Plug something into one of the prewired outlets and start switching breaker off until you discover which one is the prewired one... Then follow the wire from the fuse box.. most likely the prewired spot should be near the batteries... look of the roof of the bays near them...

Here is a pic from another thread showing a box on the roof of the passthru bay...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i-WMFKTPK-X3.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	25296  
KRumm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, inverter