Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2018, 05:10 AM   #81
SummitPond

I'm in agreement with the statements above - and we were more distressed about spending the money on the truck than the trailer (bought used, but still 50% more than the trailer). But we are so happy we took the plunge. It's hard to remember all the issues my family had as I was growing up with the series of trailers we had (Coleman pop-up, Shasta, Holiday Rambler TT, Winnebago) but there were many. My brother currently has a Winnebago View and it has given him substantial troubles, so I count my blessings that my issues have been minor and I've been able to handle the bulk of them myself (with ample assistance from the contributors to this forum).

Enjoy your new ticket to freedom.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:34 AM   #82
boytimme

Don't put too much stock in what you read from the whiners on this site. Some people are not happy unless they're complaining about something. We've had our Keystone Bullet 248RKS since new in 2013 and aside from a couple minor glitches have been extremely happy with it.

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS, pulled with:
2012 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCab, 3.5L V6 Eco-Boost, Max Tow Package, 7700# GVWR pkg, 3.73 Axle.
boytimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:59 AM   #83
pdaniel

Welcome, and just enjoy your RV. All RVs, from the lowest price to the very expensive have issues. As a friend of mine said at one time, we, the buyer are the quality inspectors (and this friend had a mid to high level Allegro).
You will find issues such as poor workmanship from time to time, some items that don't quite fit right and, as you stated, some "cheap" materials.
Fix what can be fixed, replace some of the cheap items and enjoy.
That was my philosophy when I purchased my Keystone Cougar.
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #84
Kellysingleton

Enjoy It!

Last year I purchased a brand new 2017 Hideout after searching all of the ads for used TT's and found that my money was better spent on a new one...just like you. My husband (who does NOT camp with us) and I spent a whole day looking at the dealer. I started out with 10 that I liked and my decision came down to between my Hideout and a Coachman. Both had the same amenities and I just thought the Hideout quality looked better.

After purchasing, we went out to pick it up and had our (my son-in-law and I) "schooling" on how everything works. My advice is stay tuned to this forum because I could never in a million years remember everything about my TT I learned in that hour and the manuals are no real help. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and very helpful!

I did find a couple of real stupid warranty issues that were taken care of at the dealer when I took it in for winterization. Things that should never have happened at the factory such as: the wires were crossed on the fresh/grey & black water tanks so the "meters" didn't read right. I always had the same amount of fresh water as grey and my black always showed "L". Another issue I had was when something was plugged into the USB port in the entertainment center, it would interfere with the electronics. We would lose the radio and/or the TV (which we hardly use except if there is a race on) would be fuzzy or would freeze.

Another thing that is not covered in the manual is that the GFCI breaker in the bathroom controls most of your electrical outlets, not a breaker like you would think. My GFCI in the bathroom blew on my second trip out (just my mom and I) and it took me almost one full day and a post on this forum to figure it out. Thank goodness we did, because it also controlled the lights in the bedroom!

You have made a great investment. The resale value on ANY TT is great (as you probably figured out in your search of used TT's). But how can you put a monetary value on the priceless moments you will spend with your family in the years to come! You won't regret it!
Kellysingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #85
Ellen

Enjoy your adventures. I, too, am frustrated by some of the cheesy finishes and sloppy workmanship in my Cougar trailer but we go interesting places with friends and family and our granddaughters love it. If I had to full time in it I’d go nuts, but for vacationing it will be just fine. Would I buy it again? Definitely not. But it’s what we have so I’m making the best of it.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #86
Blueswede

We’ve had our Hideout going on 4 years. Been on lots of trips and so far we love it. Some very minor issues but no horror stories at all. Love the room, the floor plan, pretty much everything. I wouldn’t be too concerned.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #87
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellysingleton View Post
Last year I purchased a brand new 2017 Hideout after searching all of the ads for used TT's and found that my money was better spent on a new one...just like you. My husband (who does NOT camp with us) and I spent a whole day looking at the dealer. I started out with 10 that I liked and my decision came down to between my Hideout and a Coachman. Both had the same amenities and I just thought the Hideout quality looked better.

After purchasing, we went out to pick it up and had our (my son-in-law and I) "schooling" on how everything works. My advice is stay tuned to this forum because I could never in a million years remember everything about my TT I learned in that hour and the manuals are no real help. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and very helpful!

I did find a couple of real stupid warranty issues that were taken care of at the dealer when I took it in for winterization. Things that should never have happened at the factory such as: the wires were crossed on the fresh/grey & black water tanks so the "meters" didn't read right. I always had the same amount of fresh water as grey and my black always showed "L". Another issue I had was when something was plugged into the USB port in the entertainment center, it would interfere with the electronics. We would lose the radio and/or the TV (which we hardly use except if there is a race on) would be fuzzy or would freeze.

Another thing that is not covered in the manual is that the GFCI breaker in the bathroom controls most of your electrical outlets, not a breaker like you would think. My GFCI in the bathroom blew on my second trip out (just my mom and I) and it took me almost one full day and a post on this forum to figure it out. Thank goodness we did, because it also controlled the lights in the bedroom!

You have made a great investment. The resale value on ANY TT is great (as you probably figured out in your search of used TT's). But how can you put a monetary value on the priceless moments you will spend with your family in the years to come! You won't regret it!
There are for certain 2 items in all rvs that are all but worthless;
#1 the manuals, they are a generic set that are in all rvs, of very little use to anyone let alone helping out a newbie.
#2 the holding tank sensors , they are so inaccurate (with 1 or 2 exceptions on this forum) that I don't ever look at them & would never count on them to tell me anything concerning tank levels.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #88
Lapirini

Hideout

Congrats on your purchase. We have a 2016 24' Hideout and we love it. As far as quality goes, they are all about the same. We camp with 6 other families, all have different makes and all have their quirks about them. Besides the learning curve of how it all works, it's been a great purchase. Be sure to keep spare fuses on hand. Our slide fuse has had to be replaced twice in 3 years. Otherwise, no issues. Enjoy your trips! Many, many memories to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	16802  
Lapirini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #89
pdxsparky

We purchased a brand new Keystone Bullet Bunkhouse for our 4 kids 3 years ago and love it, we have had some minor issues. Our bullet is identical on the inside as yours. Happy Camping.
pdxsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:41 AM   #90
dcluchi

We just bought a 2018 1768LHS Hideout and have been setting it up. Look forward to our first camping trip with it next week. Glad to hear that there has been few problems with the Hideout.
dcluchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #91
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
I am with you, if I read all the problems that people have I would not have bought. I own a 2017 Hideout model 22KBSW 28 ft'r I have not had any issues other small things that the dealer took care of. Thus is my 3rd summer and all is well and just remember that if you take care of it, it will be better in long run. Maintenance is key. Enjoy the memory making machine. Oh yes, as other have said, you will have issues it is just the nature of the beast.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #92
Kamper2016

We have a 2016 Keystone Hideout 26RLS (just me and hubs). Love it! Only MAJOR problem was on first trip out the microwave would not shut off..even if you opened the door! Had to use the circuit breaker. Took it back to dealer and 2 days later a new one was in.
Kamper2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #93
RVBuff

We bought our Hideout (used) a couple of years ago and haven't had any real problems. We love it.
RVBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:50 AM   #94
noelontheroad

My husband and I are sitting in our new Outback Ultra-Lite "camping" in our backyard. We're going through all of the paperwork, registration, etc, trying to figure out what the heck we're doing. This is our first TT purchase. We're pretty excited, but it is also a little daunting figuring everything out.

Have fun with your beautiful family!
noelontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:51 AM   #95
noelontheroad

Thank you for your service to our country, Larry! God Bless!
noelontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:28 AM   #96
Plwilds

I don't have a hideout but we do have a Keystone and we love it. We have had it for a year now and no major problems.
Plwilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #97
yoster

Thanks everyone - today is the day! I pick it up in about 5 hours. I'll post pics!
yoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #98
Fuzion 369

Awesome!!! Enjoy!!!
Fuzion 369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #99
Tbos

Have fun. Hope it goes well.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #100
yoster

Most of the interior pics are in my 1st post, but here are a few more since picking it up. Looks pretty good IMO - truck looks good and level too!

yoster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout