Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2020, 07:18 AM   #1
PNW Gorge

Bedroom sliding doors removal.

Its only a 25ft trailer and only the two of us. The doors being closed feels a little claustrophobic to her. Has anyone removed these 2 doors? Does not look too difficult but may require removal of track fascia and at least one track to get doors out. Any thoughts or advise.
PNW Gorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

It would be a great help if you shared the make model and year of your trailer. If you go to the top left of the page and click on "UserCP" you can create a signature. Most folks list the make,model and year of both the camper and the tow vehichle.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
Customer1

Beats me what you have but my 26RBS had a single sliding door at the bedroom. We installed a larger mattress and removed the door to gain that three inches of space. I hung a curtain with a tieback so it can be closed if desired.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:36 PM   #4
LHaven

On my sliding door (same as in my last rig) there are little plastic locking levers on the roller assemblies. You just pop them to one side and the hanging bolts unlock from the holes (in my last rig, they were keyhole-shaped) and you can just lift the door over and away. I've had a couple occasions where I would have liked to do this with my current TT, but the valance really gets in the way (the previous rig just had a naked channel) so I just found another way. If I am ever in a spot where I have to flip those levers, I'll either have to remove the valance or bend a custom wire tool to reach them.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #5
PNW Gorge

Thanks for the responses. Question #2: Trying to identify circuits and breakers/fuses. Where is the power supply for the slide out? Nothing in the Ac or DC panels labeled as such. Directly off the Batteries? J-box somewhere?
2006 Dodge 2500 SLT Cummins
Old 10-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Gorge View Post
Thanks for the responses. Question #2: Trying to identify circuits and breakers/fuses. Where is the power supply for the slide out? Nothing in the Ac or DC panels labeled as such. Directly off the Batteries? J-box somewhere?
Typically the slide is connected to out resetting circuit breaker mounted on the frame at nor near the trailer tongue. The positive battery cable will connect to something the looks like a large Lego block.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #7
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Gorge View Post
Slides, levelers, and the tongue jack typically don't go through the fusebox at all. The slides and levelers need to draw short bursts of mongo current out of the battery to operate, to the point where they usually won't work properly if all you have is shore power; and if you use them too many times in a short period, you'll drain your battery to the point where they won't work until it recharges.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #8
PNW Gorge

Thanks Guys. I am slowly getting it figured out with your help. This site is an awesome resource.
2006 Dodge 2500 SLT Cummins

Tags
bed, bedroom