Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
LHaven

Neat angled hitch clip dingus

Some years back, I discovered the joys of the "ergo" hitch pin clip. It was a simple yet superior design modification, and over many years saved me a fair amount of pain trying to jam my fingers into standard hitch pin clips that were tight up against flat or awkward surfaces.

If you haven't seen these clips before, they're clever. You just grab them like a (sideways) pistol grip and pull. Pushing is just as easy.

I recently went looking for a replacement for one I left lying on our bumper, and discovered the company had gone bankrupt in 2013. However, I also discovered that the original inventor is still manufacturing these and offering them as a cottage industry via eBay.

Since I have a soft spot for lone inventors, better mousetraps, and cottage industries (and 'Mur'can made, to boot), I thought I'd give them a plug here. For the price, I bought a few spares against future brain-bubbles. I have no relationship with these folks except as a satisfied customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	32311  
Old 03-06-2021, 03:15 PM   #2
notanlines

CD, I went in the site to support them as recommended, but the red is out of stock and I wouldn't have much use for the small. Clips are $1.50 with .75 shipping.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:22 PM   #3
LHaven

I suspect the size variation in the photo is an optical illusion. The website says they are all 0.148" wire. I still have an original blister pack of two from pre-bankruptcy; they are orange and yellow, and they are the same size, same as a green I have in use on a utility trailer. I can't imagine the size of the wire is a show-stopper, since all the clip has to do is stay on and keep the pin from backing out.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
Customer1

I carry a homemade version of this mallet with a slightly different hook in the bed of the truck. It pulls pins, stakes, and also pounds in stakes. It is very handy and used regularly.

Tags
hitch, led