Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #21
jsb5717

Just got power in our area yesterday afternoon. Still a lot around the Portland/Milwaukie/Gladstone area without. The biggest issue is the number of fallen trees and branches that have downed power lines. Most of the work seems to be going to get that repaired before power can be restored. It looks like a war-zone everywhere.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:31 PM   #22
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
That is crazy! What in the world would keep power off for two weeks? During hurricane isabel are electric was only off a few days and that was with widespread devastation..is that because they are using the time to do extra upgrades or maintenance to the local grid?
Edit. I was so focused on Texas that I didn’t see all the devastation in Pacific Northwest.. my apologies
We don't have that many power outage events here, so less crews and equipment. Unlike Florida who gets hurricanes nearly every year. This was probably a once every 50 year event with 1-1.5" ice and was very widespread, hence the delays. They are also talking about a pretty remote area, so last on the list.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:45 PM   #23
rhagfo

Quote:
That is crazy! What in the world would keep power off for two weeks? During hurricane isabel are electric was only off a few days and that was with widespread devastation..is that because they are using the time to do extra upgrades or maintenance to the local grid?
Edit. I was so focused on Texas that I didn’t see all the devastation in Pacific Northwest.. my apologies
It is crazy!
It was a very bad ice/freezing rain storm that hit the Willamette Valley hard from Salem to Portland. Power lines and poles down everywhere, trees and branches still over power lines. PGE is shutting down a 19 mile stretch of I5 to repair feeder lines tonight. We are at the end of two PGE circuits, so we might be another week before we have power.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:52 PM   #24
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
It is crazy!
It was a very bad ice/freezing rain storm that hit the Willamette Valley hard from Salem to Portland. Power lines and poles down everywhere, trees and branches still over power lines. PGE is shutting down a 19 mile stretch of I5 to repair feeder lines tonight. We are at the end of two PGE circuits, so we might be another week before we have power.
Well I’m very sorry to hear about the troubles out there..the media has been focusing on Texas and I didn’t even see anything about PNW..I wish you all the best and hope Oregon and Texas come out of this soon.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:01 PM   #25
rhagfo

Quote:
Well I’m very sorry to hear about the troubles out there..the media has been focusing on Texas and I didn’t even see anything about PNW..I wish you all the best and hope Oregon and Texas come out of this soon.
We have been mostly off line for almost a week heard bits about Texas, sounds like they are getting some nasty winter weather also.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote