Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
clemson726

Had it with IN COMMAND, thermostat suggestions

After nearly 2 years dealing with the CANbus losing connection with my front A/C at the most inopportune times, i'm done trying to troubleshoot the connection. I've always found it inconvenient to adjust the front AC during the night as well so I'm going take the front AC off incommand and replace with a conventional thermostat in the bedroom. I'm sure at this point other people have replaced with a regular analog or digital thermostat. I'm aware I have some wiring to figure out regardless of the thermostat I choose, but are there any suggestions for which one to use. Its a Dometic 13.5k unit with no heat strip (for now). The furnace would remain controlled from the incommand with the rear unit unless it give me issues in the future as well.
clemson726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:49 PM   #2
jsb5717

Have you looked at MicroAir? I don't know anything about the Command System but this might be able to better control all of your HVAC systems

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...32199143555156
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:53 AM   #3
ChuckS

If it were mine I’d also recommend contacting Micrair and I’d yank the entire HVAC system off the DC. (Display Commander) and go with their dual zone digital thermostat

Unless you are prepared to do a lot of rewrite work I would stick with the CANBUS wire setup as it requires only two wires for the BUS (CanHi and CanLo) with a termination resister at the second zone that’s already in place...

Going to the Microair dual zone thermostat would remove all HVAC function controls from the BCM and DC and the new thermostat would do the work across the existing telephone line (CANBUS) that’s already got the Zone 1 AC, Furance, and Zone 2 AC interconnected

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...32199143555156

The existing telephone line will also provide 12 volts power to the new thermostat

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:45 PM   #4
clemson726

I haven’t had a chance to look yet but do they make it possible to have two thermostat locations to control from?
clemson726 is offline   Reply With Quote