Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #21
campingcpl

A lot of our trips require us to make an over night stop in either a rest area or a truck stop and we have always put out our slide when stoped for the night without putting the stabilizers down. We have never had any issues with doing this. The only issue is the trailer rocks a bit if you move around or if the wind is blowing strong. If you ever go to a manufacturer for a plant tour you will see that the slides are left out without the stabilizers down and people are in and out of them all day. If it is such a big deal to have the stabilizers down with the slide out then why aren't the manufactures doing this? And as for having to be level for the fridge to work, the slide being out isn't going to throw the trailer that far off level to effect the fridge for the short amout of time you are stoped. As for putting the slide half way out, we have done this a couple of times too and have never had any issues. We of course try not to step on the slide floor if at all possible.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #22
x96mnn

I see a lot of people who have their slides out and the stabilizers are not down. On my last camper I did this and was never told different but the slide only went out about a foot.

When I picked up my new Sprinter I was warned during the walk through not to do this and it could void parts of the warranty. The slide on the sprinter goes out 3 feet and I was told that without the stabilizers down it can cause frame strain and over time you will notice the floor when slide is pulled in is no longer aligned from bending. This was all news to me but I think I will follow their advice. Not sure if its right or wrong though!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote