Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #81
BookPaul74

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Let me give the OP and a coupe others of you a real number that I have posted before. When we sold the Raptor and bought the 'Suites we removed the bike with sidecar and all motorcycle associated products. We then pulled over our friendly CAT scale. All goodies were off-loaded into the garage on the utility trailer and the RV was weighed again at said CAT scale. The exact weight of all of Brenda's s--t and my stuff was 1900 pounds exactly. DO NOT think your weight won't sneak up on you as has been described!
I thought after seeing your “mound” of trailer stuff I would post mine. It’s from September of 2020. I emptied out the 1998 Alfa I had lived in since 2003. A LOT of the stuff did not make it into the Cougar.

I’m getting ready to leave Quartzsite and head to Yuma, plan on running over the Cat scale after I dump and fill the water tank and the fuel tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8DB3FB7E-9B88-43A7-83B6-8EC6E8B5633A.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	32295   Click image for larger version

Name:	AAC9390A-3BC3-45F0-97C6-9C2170E0EE02.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	32296   Click image for larger version

Name:	2AE000D1-F27A-4DC0-857A-F6FEAA5084DC.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	32297  
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:41 PM   #82
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueswede View Post
I’m also looking at a 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie DRW with the Cummins diesel. But I can’t seem to find the towing capacity anywhere. Can anyone here shed some light on that? Much appreciated....
To be honest the payload number is of more importance than the tow capacity.
With RVs they'll typically exceed the posted payload before reaching the max tow weights.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:45 AM   #83
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Let me give the OP and a coupe others of you a real number that I have posted before. When we sold the Raptor and bought the 'Suites we removed the bike with sidecar and all motorcycle associated products. We then pulled over our friendly CAT scale. All goodies were off-loaded into the garage on the utility trailer and the RV was weighed again at said CAT scale. The exact weight of all of Brenda's s--t and my stuff was 1900 pounds exactly. DO NOT think your weight won't sneak up on you as has been described!
LOL!
This is so true, before we started full timing we kept the 5er loaded and ready to go year round! We had cloths, non perishable food, and full propane always loaded. To go all we needed to get was perishable foot from the refer at home and the dog.
We had a best time of one hour and fifteen minutes from the time I got off work to the time we were pulling out of the storage yard. That included airing up rear tires and putting hitch back in the truck.
We have gained about 500# since going full time.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:27 PM   #84
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
LOL!
This is so true, before we started full timing we kept the 5er loaded and ready to go year round! We had cloths, non perishable food, and full propane always loaded. To go all we needed to get was perishable foot from the refer at home and the dog.
We had a best time of one hour and fifteen minutes from the time I got off work to the time we were pulling out of the storage yard. That included airing up rear tires and putting hitch back in the truck.
We have gained about 500# since going full time.

Oh my, sorry to hear that. Have you tried Nutrisystem or Noom?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 05:24 PM   #85
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
[/B]
Oh my, sorry to hear that. Have you tried Nutrisystem or Noom?

I guess that was a poor sentence.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel