Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #1
Apalinto

Toilet not filling with water

Hello to the group. Pulled into a relatively new RV Park in Paso Robles wine country today. Very Nice. Our 5th wheel is a 2019 Cougar 315RLS. Pull in today, got hooked up and my toilet will not fill with water. There is barely a tiny
trickle. It is a standard Dometic Model 310 Gravity flush unit and up until now has worked well.Trouble shooting guide says the inlet water line screen could be plugged but I'm not sure where that is. Has anyone had a similar experience? Appreciate any help. All other faucets are functioning normally and I'm running right around 50 psi regulated water pressure.
Bulletproof Powerstroke 6.0 Turbo Diesel
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:16 AM   #2
Jacko

Dometic RV toilet screen

This screen may be plugged..see picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toilet valve.png
Views:	305
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	28700  
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:20 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

The screen your looking for is in the fitting where the water line connects. Make sure the water is OFF and the pressure is relieved. Just disconnect from city water or turn off the pump, then open the bathroom faucet to release pressure. You’ll still get some water dripping when you take off the line at the toilet. It’s in the back of the toilet at the bottom.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:19 AM   #4
Apalinto

Wow Jacko and Chuckster! Thanks so much for the assist on the Dometic Toilet. To begin with the screen was so clogged that I couldn't even see it! I unloaded a lot of crunchy white plastic that had built up, I was amazed how clogged up it was! Took my time and removed all the debris, replaced valve and reinstalled set screw and we are flushing! It flushes better than it did when we first picked it up. One note is that lower flange snapped off despite considerable pressure. Plus the helpful diagram showed 2 screws and I only had one. To be safe, I am going to order a new assembly to have as backup. With COVID19 we are happier using our own toilet so me and the wife thank you both! Cheers!
Bulletproof Powerstroke 6.0 Turbo Diesel
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet, water