Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2020, 06:43 PM   #1
FurnierKen

DC Function not functioning

I have a 2014 Cougar fifth wheel RV RES327. When I unplugged my AC trailer power cord, to get ready for our trip tomorrow, my DC (Direct Current) functions would not function (ie: lights would not light, Exhaust fans would not spin, AND my refrigerator would not start operating on propane. The trailer’s power legs would extend and retract. When I attached the power connection from the truck to the trailer, the brake lights, turn signals and running light all function too. Do you have any experience with which you could enlighten me why my DC functions won’t function???
FurnierKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
LHaven

Typically, equipment like nose and body jacks don't run through your fusebox like your interior DC gear. I would check the main fuses in your fusebox. There are also tongue-mounted fuse blocks that routinely give up the ghost -- if one of those is in line with your fusebox (but not your jack) and is blown, that could also be the problem. Luckily, none of this equipment is expensive to replace once you have found what is blown.

And just in case... have you checked your battery disconnect key switch? That could be the simplest reason of all.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:42 AM   #3
CedarCreekWoody

Check for a resetable circuit breaker coming out of the battery box. It is typically near the battery and has a small button to reset it.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:13 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Check these (there are two) located on the bulkhead just behind the tongue A frame.
Attached Images

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:13 PM   #5
FurnierKen

LHaven! YOU, my friend, are a Steely-Eyed Missile Man!!!
Your “And just in case...” was my solution. As soon as I read your battery disconnect key switch comment, I knew that was it! I stored some extra gear by that switch when packing. It was about 2 AM when I read your comment. I was outside looking over my trailer with a flashlight. Thanks for your comment I had ssid ice cream when I gotto Western New York this afternoon. Thank you.
FurnierKen is offline   Reply With Quote