Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
Ribtip

Lci wireless remote

Has anyone added any functions to their remote. I know how to do it but im afraid by doing it it will erase something else or jack up something. Has anyone done this
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Which remote? I would assume you would have to add the function to the base unit also.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
Ribtip

This one here. I downloaded the manual for it and adding doesn't seem that hard but i was just wondering if i had to relearn everything that was on it in the first place. I see my control board has functions 6 7 and 8 empty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200403_175250.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	27333  
Old 05-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
Ribtip

Maybe just 7 and 8 cant remember now
Old 05-15-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
Ribtip

Just wanted to add some lights outside under the camper or something. I don't know this no camping covid is killing me.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:16 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

With the "essentially zero support" from Keystone and the "limited support" from LCI due to the closures/pandemic, I'd be extremely reluctant to start "modifying something that's working" when there's significant doubt whether the system can support the updates without some possible interventions from LCI... If it were me, I'd install lights under the trailer with a switch in the front passthrough with the intention of "connecting them and that manual switch to the remote "some day later when things get back to normal"... Now is not the time to start a project that may cause something else to fail with little or no "manufacturer's support available"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:35 PM   #7
Ribtip

Lol that is exactly what im worried about. As far as it looks in the manual it dosen't seem that hard to do. But it is not clear if its a total redo or just adding a function and everything else stays as is. Im going to shoot lci a email just to see what info i can get.

Tags
remote