Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2020, 08:48 PM   #1
IanS

2019 Cougar 368mbi

Has anyone else had an issue with interior ceiling lights with the bedroom lights and hot water heater not coming on and having to reset the iN-Command system for them to work again? I am also having an issue where the bedroom slide will slide in on its own. This has happened twice. The first time was in September and the light issue lasted for a few weeks then the slide came in on its own. Soon after there was an update available for the iN-Command system. Today the bedroom slide came in while I was gone and now it will not go back out.
IanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:50 AM   #2
Schbobby

Got the In-Command on my 2019 33MLS and have never experienced the “ghosts in the Machine” that you have described. I do have this connected to my smart phone and iPad so I can open and close from outside. But have not had any issues in the last year.
Schbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I know very little about the In-Command system, but slides moving on their own can be a VERY DANGEROUS situation if a pet or family member is trapped by the slide, possibly crushed or worse.

That said, as mentioned, if you have the app installed on your phone or I-pad, is it possible that you're "butt dialing" the slide/bedroom lights ???

This is definitely something that needs to be addressed and repaired/resolved. Your RV is a 2018 model, so every day you delay is one day further "out of warranty" you'll be. MAKE SURE THE DEALER DOCUMENTS THIS ASAP. You may already be "on the hook to pay for repairs" but every day you wait will make it that much less likely that Keystone and ASA will cooperate with warranty repairs.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:42 AM   #4
IanS

I do have the app on my phone but I was 35 miles away at the time so no possible way to butt dial it. I also accidentally put that out of a 2018...it is a 2019 and already out of warranty...
Old 04-09-2020, 07:33 AM   #5
Firewall

Is your In-Command on WiFi by any chance? It almost sounds like it is being hacked. I have the same unit and don't have not had anything similar happen.
Firewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:39 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

One of the "advertised features" of the In-Command system is "global control". ASA advertises it this way: "Global Connect™ allows you to control select functions of your RV from anywhere in the world using a smart device with a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection." So, being 30 miles away, under the correct conditions, would be a "piece of cake in butt dialing"....

The "TRAILER WARRANTY" (from Keystone) is 1 year. Many (most) of the individual components in the trailer carry a longer warranty from the "component manufacturer" (not Keystone). During the first year, Keystone will "arbitrate the warranty on components) so the process "seems seamless to the customer". After that first year, it is up to the dealer/owner to arbitrate the remaining component warranty. ASA has an extensive website to "educate" users of the In-Command system. https://in-command.net/control-systems/

I'd urge you not to consider your In-Command system to be "out of warranty" until you can confirm that with ASA.

I'd suspect that most RV dealerships are "struggling with issues as the In-Command system comes online. Most RV service centers have one, maybe two techs that know much about the system and the rest of the techs "more or less" struggle to change out components with little knowledge of what they're doing. It's not the dealer's "fault", rather it's a new, highly complex system that few understand, fewer have training to support and even fewer are experienced in repairing the system.

More and more trailers are being produced with the system and GM is now "onboard, installing software to support In-Command" in their new trucks/SUV's designed for heavy towing. So, it's here to stay (at least for the foreseeable future) and ASA wants to make the system work so they can sell more of them.... That means they're working with owners to keep them happy, the last thing ASA wants is a lot of negative comments that cause buyers to not want the system. So, check out the website, contact ASA, see what they say. They've supported lots of owners "out of warranty" to keep the "growing pains" simmering rather than boiling.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #7
IanS

It is linked to my wifi
Old 04-09-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
IanS

I do not have the global connect connected to my phone.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS View Post
I do not have the global connect connected to my phone.
Did you contact ASA on that phone to ask for technical assistance?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
IanS

I just spoke with a mobile repair company that is contracted with Keystone to do repairs. They have never heard of this happening before. I have a tech coming out next Thursday. Unfortunately right now Keystone is shot down and only has a few people working from home due to the COVID-19 stuff going on. Hopefully I will get some answers soon. I am a full timer and having to be out of my RV will be a huge burden.

Tags
cougar