Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2020, 09:25 PM   #21
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrdriver View Post
Use that SR5 as a trade in on a good 1 ton and then you're ready for your fiver............
That's the plan. Doubt I get hardly anything for it. It has 205,000 miles on it. But, I will use it for whatever I can get for it. Maybe 3 or 4K. But, its like I have done every truck I have had. I get one that I like driving, and I will drive it to death.
Had 5 Chevys before and drove them all over 250K miles. One had 385K before I got this Tundra. I kept it and sold it to my Dad for $10. Still runs today. Before I sold it to him, I replaced the brakes, got new tires, complete tune up, spark plugs, the works. It lasted another 6 years before he had to go into the nursing home with my Mom. I was in MO when that went down so I do not even know what happened to the truck.

But, in a shocking development, and after a long conversation with a friend here and a old friend in Maine, I think I am going to go with the F-350 DRW. Conversations and the other thread convinced me that the 450 would be overkill. SO, I think I am going with the 350. Just makes more sense to me now.

Still looking at a Montana 3781RL tho.
Roll Tide Roll
BeagleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #22
cenders

DW?

I'm sorry for asking, and I know you are referring to your wife... but what does "DW" stand for? All I can think of is dish washer (which is wrong, 'cause that's me!).

Darling Wife?
cenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:50 AM   #23
bsmith0404

Unless you really like/want the Laredo, don’t bother putting too much thought into that one because Keystone has discontinued the line. If you really want it, get it before it’s gone. As for 1/2 towable 5ers, Grand Design seems to be the only company that has actually figured it out. The 150 series are mostly under 7,000 lbs and under 1,200 lbs pin weight. The sacrifice is none of them have a bedroom or wardrobe slide. Hard to put a slide up front and keep pin weight down.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #24
BeagleMan

You'd be correct. Darling Wife or Dear Wife. As it was explained to me.

RV-Recreational Vehicle
TV-Tow Vehicle
DW-Dear or Darling Wife.
Roll Tide Roll
BeagleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #25
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenders View Post
I'm sorry for asking, and I know you are referring to your wife... but what does "DW" stand for? All I can think of is dish washer (which is wrong, 'cause that's me!).

Darling Wife?

Refers to the missus. Know one is 100 percent sure what it stands for and you will see various attempts at explaining this "dw" thing. Seems to run across the RV world. Google this and you will find it has been asked on many forums with answers ranging from banal to clever.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #26
Ribtip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Refers to the missus. Know one is 100 percent sure what it stands for and you will see various attempts at explaining this "dw" thing. Seems to run across the RV world. Google this and you will find it has been asked on many forums with answers ranging from banal to clever.
I was always told dear wife
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote