Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
Kevinlile

Slides and Jacks not Working

Hello, I have a 2020 Cougar 29RKS.
I got back from camping today and plugged my camper into a 110 outlet like I normally do. The slide-outs were not working and the LCI jack panel won’t come on. Also the awning is not working. I can hear the relays clicking at the in-command station. I checked all fuses and all were working. The lights work and all 110 works. Has anybody else had this issue? Please help
Kevinlile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
ChuckS

I’d remove that shore power cable and then see what the Lippert level,up panel indicates... should be around 12.8 volts

If same issue I’d first cycle battery cutoff switch off and back on to wipe and clean its contacts. Then measure that battery at the posts to see voltage level...

Verify battery terminal connections are tight.. of so then I’d double check that 120 vac outlet with a meter before plugging back in as well as ohm out the ends of the shore cable plug to make sure a connection hasn’t broken internally in your shore power cable

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:27 AM   #3
Kevinlile

Thanks for the help. I tried everything and still have the issues. I did notice that it’s everything that runs on 12 volts that’s not working. The LCI jack panel won’t even power up. I hooked up the 7 pin connector and everything suddenly worked. I was at least able to get the slides open and empty the fridge. I’m starting to think the battery disconnect may not be working or not making contact. The batteries are only 3 months old. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Old 08-10-2020, 06:20 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Take a meter and check the disconnect. It will tell you right away if it good, bad or flaky. Pull the switch and check across the lugs in the ohm scale; you should see it open and close; or jump around. Open and close it several times.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #5
travelin texans

Depending on the batteries the dealer supplied, if not true deep cycle but rather marine type starting batteries, they may be done for already.
Check the battery tops if there is a number followed by CCA or CA (cold cranking amps or cranking amps) then it's not the proper battery for a RV. A true deep cycle will only have a number followed by "aH" (amp hours).
Have you checked the water level in the batteries lately & topped off with distilled water?
Is the battery disconnect in the "on" or connected position? If not the batteries have not been charging while connected to shore power.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
Kevinlile

Thanks guys for all the advice. I cycled the battery disconnect switch several times. Put a multimeter on the lugs and switch is just fine. Checked battery connections and all was tight. Load tested batteries. Checked the shore power cable. Pulled the fuses from the converter. Checked the 2 fuses at the in-command station. Checked the fuse and the autobreakers at the battery. Pulled and checked all fuses at the breaker panel. All was good. Not sure what to check next. Problem is probably so simple I’m overlooking it. Is there anything else y’all can think of to check? Thanks again
Old 08-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

If it’s a fifth wheel, I have seen manual resettable circuit breakers near the junction box in the area just behind the pin box. The trailer I was working on had those exact symptoms.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:08 PM   #8
ChuckS

Since this is an Incomand unit have your tried resetting the BCM?

Also the lippert level up panel does not pass thru the BCM for Incomand. Its separate and has its own single red wire with inline fuse wired directly to battery.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:10 PM   #9
ChuckS

Since your slide outs are all electric you can over ride them directly at BCM. If they still don’t function and your Lippert level up panel isn’t lit up you’ve got a DC source issue

Old 08-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #10
Kevinlile

Thanks for all the help. Finally found that one of the 3 the automatic breakers behind the batteries was blown. New ones will be in tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:59 PM   #11
Bradleybc

Did replacing the circuit breaker fix your problem? I’m
Having the same problem on my 2020 cougar travel trailer. The slides/jacks/awning won’t work on shore power but they will work when I turn the batter power on.
Bradleybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:01 PM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleybc View Post
Having the same problem on my 2020 cougar travel trailer. The slides/jacks/awning won’t work on shore power but they will work when I turn the batter power on.
Turn the battery on & leave it on ALL the time.
Fully charged connected batteries are required at all times whether connected to shore power or not or risk damage to your converter.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:08 AM   #13
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleybc View Post
The original poster probably found that the blown breaker replacement fixed his issue and hasn't been on the forum for a couple years. Listen to Travelin Texans.... 12V means batteries ON. You are NOT turning the battery power on, you are disconnecting those batteries from the converter and they won't charge if the disconnect switch is in the off position and eventually will run down and discharge and die.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, slide