Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #41
Northofu1

Canada has a larger land mass and less density than the US , I would look at the population / square mile.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:55 PM   #42
jmatteis

Absolutely, we are able to space out more... hoping we can find some close parks anyhow that are open. I am okay with staying on our own site, enjoying cold beer by the fire, and maybe a walk with the wife... but we'll see and cross that bridge when we have to.
jmatteis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #43
Tboudro

Weight vs Truck

I have a 2017 Chevy rated at 9850 towing and tow a Passport 2510RB with a total certified weight of 5180 lbs. If it was any heavier I would have a 3/4 ton.

Crossing mountains in Wyoming and trans temp got over 220. I would be scared to see what it would have been if I had 8000 lb.s
Tboudro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:03 AM   #44
mikz86ta

Canadians where I stay have all left.

County parks here are closing and RVers are told to leave. People who work in the area and stay in RVs are scouring for places to stay.

We still have some snowbirds too. One from NY came last week for a short stay... they tried to extend their stay and were told Nope. They left yesterday.

Florida has advised but I don't think mandated, that if you are here in vacation and have your stay paid up thru whenever...you can stay thru your lease. But after that, you must go home and not try to get a spot someplace else. Not sure if a RV park 'at their discretion' can extend your stay.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:05 AM   #45
mikz86ta

And yesterday I saw a F250 on big tires pulling a Momentum 5er TH. All the weight was on the rear axle (dual axle setup) since the truck had a lift. Seems pretty dumb to think that you should Jack up the truck and tow like that.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing