Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2023, 09:25 AM   #21
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnstar View Post
Good old Ron Popiel slice and dice. Dubya D patterson is the king of appliances. LOL
The stories I could tell about back when Ron Popeil had shocking black hair, and was in his thirties.
😂🤣😜🤪🤓😏😎🥳

Those were the good old days!!
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlie View Post
Another post extolling my induction burner. I use it most of the time instead of my propane stove in the rv. In the summer it's much cooler and I don't have any worries with flame inside the camper. When I have to replace my stove at home, I'm going with induction.

I would join you in the appreciation, and amazement, at the induction cookers. We began with 1 countertop at home and we were amazed so bought another. Then we added two in the RV. You just can't say enough good things about them...so versatile, so easy, so safe and so clean. Loved them so much pulled the 36" countertop range in the house out and put a new induction cooktop in this May. An electric range can't begin to compare in any way. I had wanted a gas top for blazing heat with a wok but found a induction compatible wok that works just as weill without the heat, flames or gas residue on everything. DW is ecstatic. Sorry for the diversion...back to RV appliances.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 11:21 AM   #23
DarkElf

Kuerig, toaster and Stir Crazy popcorn maker.
DarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 01:55 PM   #24
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I would join you in the appreciation, and amazement, at the induction cookers. We began with 1 countertop at home and we were amazed so bought another. Then we added two in the RV. You just can't say enough good things about them...so versatile, so easy, so safe and so clean. Loved them so much pulled the 36" countertop range in the house out and put a new induction cooktop in this May. An electric range can't begin to compare in any way. I had wanted a gas top for blazing heat with a wok but found a induction compatible wok that works just as weill without the heat, flames or gas residue on everything. DW is ecstatic. Sorry for the diversion...back to RV appliances.
I would love to get my wife one of those induction compatible woks. Where can I find one?
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 01:58 PM   #25
notanlines

I darned sure better not hear any bad-mouth of the Popeil pocket fisherman….
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 02:03 PM   #26
Pearlie

check out Amazon.

If you search for woks you should be able to specify "induction ready" as a filter. There are a couple.
Pearlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 04:05 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDPatterson View Post
I would love to get my wife one of those induction compatible woks. Where can I find one?
Amazon has all kinds of them. I like the flat bottom ones for the induction cookers and the hammered round bottom ones for my high output gas burners. The flat bottom I use on induction is a Blue Ginger? brand (memory). It's about 10 - 11" in diameter but big enough for 2. I use the 14" and larger round bottoms on the big gas burners.

When I had flat top electric stoves I used an electric wok on the side because an electric stove just won't cut it. The portable induction cooktops with the flat bottom wok works better than the electric ones I used to use (still have somewhere in a cabinet). The full size countertop has almost 2 1/2 times the power of the portable cookers and will put instant sizzle on whatever it is you throw in the wok.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote