Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Smitty

Intermittment Bedroom Slide

Was getting ready today to take the Camper out to a seasonal site we rented and the bedroom slide acted up again. We had a single incident last fall with it not going out but had no problems after that until this spring when we got the camper out of storage a couple of weeks ago. When putting the slide out it stopped mid way. We then waited a couple of seconds and it continued out the rest of the way. When I was putting the slide in today, it stopped again. This time it ony had a couple of inches to go. Again, waited maybe a half a minute and it went in the rest of the way. I thought I'd better wait to take it out to the campground and try and see if I could solve the problem. I took the mattress off of the platform, unscrewed four screws holding the plywood and exposed the mechanism. I then continued trying the slide and again it would stop and go after waiting a few seconds. There's a pigtail connection coming from the slide motor with three positive and negative wires which were each capped off and then taped together with electrical tape. After the motor ran, the wires were so hot, you could hardlly touch them. I unwrapped the electrical tape and noticed right away that the caps seemed to small and there were wires exposed out of the negative side. I uncapped both + and - wires and recapped with a larger cap, taped each set individually, which they were not before and then taped the two sets of three together like they were intially. I tried the slide after this fix and it worked perfectly. Slid it in and out at least three times, worked fine each time. The wires no longer got hot. They were definately making contact with each other. I then waited until after supper and tried the slide again and it works fine. Think it's fixed, "yay"!!!