Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
Springer

Cabel/Satellite Hookup

Greetings Fellow 5ver Owners,

New Cougar 327RES owner here. We had a TT before so we are pretty familiar with RV'ing. I have to say that there are some excellent tips posted here that have really enlightened me. We haven't been out in the new rig but we did do a thorough test of most of the systems before putting it in storage.

I am trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to get a satellite signal to my TV. There is the satellite prep connection in the storage compartment.
The only thing that perplexes me (and no one at the dealer could explain) was the "looped connector" behind the TV, 2 coax connections and a 3' piece of cable. Neither is marked, that I could see. There has to be an "in from Satellite" connection to my receiver and then an "out to TV" connection.

Right now the TV is hooked to the separate coax connector and the roof mounted Batwing with booster (works really well).

Hope I provided enough background and didn't confuse the issue.

Can't wait to take it on its maiden voyage.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
DJ85

Take ou the loop wire. Connect the dvr input to the top connection and the dvr output to the bottom connection. Thats all there is to it nothing more nothing less. Just remember to unhook everything if you want to watch regular tv off the rv's antenna. There is also a community site on here of RES327 owners. Feel free to take a look at it. On the top bar you will see a icon for community click on it and scoll down to groups and jion the group if you want or feel free to look around. If you have anymore question you came to the right place everything gets answered here.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Springer

Cable Hookup

Thanks so much DJ85. So I don't have to unhook the TV from the roof antenna? Just turn the booster off? Then connect as you instructed. Do I read you right?

I will join the 327 RES community. Hope to have some pictures and add the signature line when have all the info.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
DJ85

Yes that is correct. Leave the booster turned off and unhook the jumper wire. and then connect the dvr inlline where you removed the jumper wire and everything should work just fine. Now I just need to figure out where to place my dvr so I doesn't look like it was an add on. I am not up to speed on everything, but some member have been able to get infer red dvr and then the remote will work anywhere in the camper. I have also heard that the newer dvr can be set up to use a radio feq to change channels now as well. Sometimes I get confused read stero instruction. So someday I hope to figure that out as well Happy Trailes and don't forget to have some fun.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Springer

Sounds good. Thanks for getting back to me. We have a few months before we can get to our campground and get things set up. I will update you on how it works.

I was thinking the same thing for the satellite receiver (not a dvr model). I wanted it in the cabinet but knew the remote probably wouldn't work through the cabinet doors. I have known people to remove the cabinet door panel and replace with "speaker cover". This would allow the infared to pass through. Just a thought.

Good luck on your end and enjoy the upcoming season.