Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
bennettommyd

Slideout Seals

I have noticed the seals on the slideouts seem to be sticking to the side of the rv when I open them. I've seen a utube video about using baby powder in a old sock and wiping the seals, probably works till the first rain. Has anyone used something else?
bennettommyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Camping World sells a spray can of slide seal lubricant. You can also buy it almost anywhere they have RV supplies. I haven't seen it at WalMart, but they may have it as well. Use dawn mixed with warm water, take a towel, wipe down the seals with the dawn/water mixture to remove any dirt or grime, let dry then spray a dry towel with the lubricant, wipe it on the underside of the slide seals, then spray the top side of the seals. Retract the slide part way, as the seal turns inside out, go inside the RV and spray that part of the seal as well.

Be sure to clean any excess lubricant off the EPDM rubber roof. It contains a petroleum solvent and is not recommended for use on EPDM membrane.

Once the lubricant dries on the seals, they will slide easily and not stick. You might have an issue with them not having enough "grip" to invert as the slides move in and out, if that happens, just slip a finger under the seal edge and pull it "right side out" or "right side in" depending on the position of the slide.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Another product worth considering is Aerospace Protectorant 303 which will work extremely well on your seals but also is safe for use on your rubber roof. A number of members, including myself, use this product for a variety of applications.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
sandy43

X2 on the "Aerospace Protectant 303". Really good stuff.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote