Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
michael

New 5ver

I pick up a 2012 Montana Mountaineer Sat the 14th, I am tradeing in my Sprinter, Does anyone have any good or bad things to say about the model mine will be the 346LBQ model,

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
rhagfo

That is a nice unit, hope the Super Duty is a One Ton Dually, that can be a lot of weight if it is only a 3/4 ton.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
rconkin

You will love it. We got ours on May 15th and have spent about 20 nights or so in it including a week at Jekyll Island. Do you have the couch in place of bottom bunk? If so, I changed my door swing to swing into the living area as it would not open enough to get in the bunkroom with the sleeper sofa out. The outdoor kitchen sink does not go into a holding tank so I added the twist on bayonet valves at the sewer connections. If you use the outdoor kitchen sink without the sewer hooked up to the rear connection, you will get a "surprise" when removing the cap. That's just a couple of minor issues as I saw it. Overall it is the best bunkhouse floorplan we found for our needs. DW and I both love the counterspace in the kitchen and that was the major feature that made our decision to get the 346LBQ. I also added a second tv in the loft area since my grandson sleeps up there and could not see the one on the cabinets. The tv that came with the camper has an aux out so the second one is hooked up as a monitor so the same thing is showing on both tvs at the same time. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Oh, did I tell you that we absolutely love ours.

16 KZ Durango 2500 D349BHQ
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
michael

Thankyou Rconkin thats what i needed to hear i love my 2011 sprinter that we just bought this year, And we have ben useing for the last 4.5 months,

But im finding being full time in the summer i need alittle more elbo room. and i like the way the 5vers tow. We have older kids and grandkids so when we dont have them the back will be a nice closet.

And the line to the outhouse should be shorter in the morning

8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
rconkin

We had actually talked about taking the couch out of the back and putting a couple of recliners in to make a den when the grandkids get older. Our youngest kid is 21 but we are raising two grandkids 6 and 8. The one thing they changed from the 12 to the 13 model I don't like is the outdoor fridge is smaller on our 13 and that's my beer storage.

16 KZ Durango 2500 D349BHQ
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
michael

Can you get a bigger fridge,
I found my sprinter fridge is small,
I often find myself useing the fridge for beer and just buying enuf food to grill and eat,
So i dont have to take beer out to make room for left overs,
I like differant types of beer so i try to keep two or three bottles of 3 brands cold.

8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.