Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
Brantlyj

Winter PDI

I put a deposit down on a camper. I ended up going with an Arcadia 3940LT. Keystone has one at the plant so they will ship it in and will be here mid December.

My question is what should I do about my personal PDI.

I can run the furnace, but not the a/c’s If it snows I’m not going to be able to get on the roof and might not be able to roll out the awning either. Filling the tanks may pose an issue as well.
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:30 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Your dealer should be willing to have it pulled into the shop, all warmed up, cleaned, set up and ready for your walkthrough. By the time you do your walkthrough, it should have already gone through 2 PDI’s (one at the factory and one at the dealer), so your inspection should be pretty straightforward.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:32 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd ask what are your plans for the trailer between the "projected PDI" and spring (or nicer weather) ??

If all you're going to do is tow it from the dealer to storage, then why even pick it up? On the other hand, if you have a pressing need to get it ASAP and then use the trailer immediately, but, it looks like you've got a "situation with no really good options".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:48 PM   #4
Brantlyj

I have zero need for it between now and warm weather. It has heated tanks and such so I told my girls if we had a decent weekend we could do some winter camping. 🤷*♂️

I’m not sure what they would say about leaving it on their lot. They obviously want it on 2022 books so no option to not pay for it. But I did a multi hour inspection on the last trailer before I’d sign for it. Same dealer and the service manager remembers me (he said I’m the only one in his 30 plus years that has done any kind of in depth inspection before leaving the lot) so he knows what’s in store for him. 🤣

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'd ask what are your plans for the trailer between the "projected PDI" and spring (or nicer weather) ??

If all you're going to do is tow it from the dealer to storage, then why even pick it up? On the other hand, if you have a pressing need to get it ASAP and then use the trailer immediately, but, it looks like you've got a "situation with no really good options".....
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:47 PM   #5
dutchmensport

I agree. Insist the PDI be done inside a warm building and have them demonstrate everything is functioning correctly. Then, as part of the PDI, have them winterize the camper. This will accomplish several things. 1), you'll know when it leave their property it winterized. 2), winterizing will verify the pipes are not leaking, working OK, the water pump works properly, and there are no plumbing issues. 3), you will get a first hand lesson on how to winterize. You'll know where your water pump is located, How to bypass the water heater, and know how all the valves are to be set for winterizing and un-winterizing. Insist they do this and show you (not just tell you, but show you or have you do it with their immediate supervision looking over your shoulder), or tell them you'll not take the camper. Be firm on this. They'll do it.

Tags
winter