Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2022, 12:34 PM   #21
Danimal713

possible related problem

I do note a slight bind in the all the way in at the very end. Not locking up at the moment.

That BAL Accuslides is a weak design IMHO. The weight of the entire slide rides on a "friction bar" That much weight and friction is just bad. Soon all that weight on the bar will wear and start to bind causing the slide to jump/catch going in or out. I saw this in a YouTube video follow a "oh that looks interesting" train of videos. Basically put rollers under the supports for the slide(s) so the slide rides on the rollers (smoothly) and not the "friction bar". The engineer that designed this part should be a eunich. Our slide is 12' and has 3 floor supports so I added 3. The slides goes in & out smoothly now. The next weak part I have read about is the gear box so am thinking about buying an upgraded one for when it strips its guts out. The cable system itself works but could be better also but having it adjusted properly and checking the cables for fraying and make sure cable rides in groove of pulleys. Our Crossroads Sunset Trails 291RK had very little use on it (2nd owners said 1st camped 3 times and he only used 1 week in Myrtle beach). The rear of that bar was already worn down between 1/32" to just under 1/16". If we switch to a motorhome (highly likely) or a different camper, it will NOT have a BAL Accuslide.
Danimal713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 02:10 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd guess that you've got something mechanical that "binds the slide box" when it's all the way in and, the motor isn't strong enough to overcome the bind which results in the "clicking".... It may never happen again, or it could happen the next time you hold the retract switch a second too long... If it does start clicking again, and the slide won't move, try shaking the slide box just enough to "release the bind" ....

Then, I could be completley wrong with this guess LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:39 PM   #23
JBM3M

Talking Why

Found out the issue with that slide. Turns out the connection in a twist connector had pulled and was only making contact sometimes via shorting which would weld the wires briefly.

We are out using the RV now and should be able to get something better tomorrow, both wire hookups are this way, NOT a good way to connect 12V twisted wire.

The trim on the slide is a real PIA too, if anyone knows if there is easy way to temporarily remove and replace, please advise. So, not binding, 100% electrical. When I stuck in the multimeter it reconnected the wires so the above happened.

2018 Cougar 1/2 ton 28sgs,
2023 F350 SD, Crew, long bed, gooseneck puck, 5th (B&W Companion), and Class V bumper hitch. 6.7 PowerStroke.
JBM3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:05 AM   #24
Scopell

Been there, had to replace the switch. $20.00 no help from tech support.
Scopell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:58 AM   #25
Carlosgg87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM3M View Post
Found out the issue with that slide. Turns out the connection in a twist connector had pulled and was only making contact sometimes via shorting which would weld the wires briefly.

We are out using the RV now and should be able to get something better tomorrow, both wire hookups are this way, NOT a good way to connect 12V twisted wire.

The trim on the slide is a real PIA too, if anyone knows if there is easy way to temporarily remove and replace, please advise. So, not binding, 100% electrical. When I stuck in the multimeter it reconnected the wires so the above happened.
Hows it going, any more issues since? do you remember what connection it was? mine is doing the same sometimes on the big slide.

2019 Cougar HT 25RES
Tow: 2019 F-250
Carlosgg87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, slide