Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2022, 04:03 PM   #1
RMC-318BR

Leak

So I want to let anyone who has bought a new keystone hideout probably all the models to keep an eye out for leaks at the cargo door at the nose. I have. 22 318BR and I thought a few days ago when I opened the door the edge looked a little wet but didn’t think to much. Today I scrubbed the roof and washed it for the first time. Let it sit for about an hour before opening any doors. Opened the cargo door and there was the from edge wet with water. I’m believing that it’s the door since there was a little play in the door between the door and seal. So I pulled the side trim off and pulled the carpet up. Btw it’s only held on by staples. And sure enough that corner was wet. No mold thank god I’m the type of person who’s always looking for a problem. I thought about taking it back I would if it was moldy but I’m going to take care of it myself that way I know it’s getting done and I’m not wasting my time bringing it back and TRYING to get an apt. Anyway what I did was bent the flange in that the seal sits on under the door. Only in the are where the looks are so it pulls the door harder. After doing that I soaked the area and seen nothing but I left everything apart to dry out for a few days. We are getting rain Thursday so I’ll check again then. I’ll post pics latter of that I did. Again like I said it was hard to tell u really had to look hard to see it was wet
RMC-318BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:08 AM   #2
wrvond

One thing I've learned with boats and campers is that whenever water gets to the inside it's best to run a dehumidifier for several days to really dry things out. I have a large one with a pump that I run the drain line to the shower or a sink. In your case I'd open the bed up and set the dehumidifier up in the bedroom as near to the pass through as possible.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:00 AM   #3
RMC-318BR

It’s not under the bed. It’s just in the storage compartment. I’m airing it out by leaving the doors open for a few days and at night when I close it I have one of those moisture packs in there
RMC-318BR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak