Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2022, 10:17 AM   #1
HalMaulden

2022 Arcadia 3660RL - no shade for the sink window

My wife is not happy that the window over the sink does not have a shade. There is almost no room to attach one either. Anyone ran into this? Any fixes?
HalMaulden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:20 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Maybe tint the window?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalMaulden View Post
My wife is not happy that the window over the sink does not have a shade. There is almost no room to attach one either. Anyone ran into this? Any fixes?
Since the Arcadia line is brand new, likely few others will own one much less post. Suggest you post a pic of the area of the window and one of the smarter folk might be able to make a suggestion. Also, why does your missus want a shade on the window? Privacy? Keeping the sun out? Is she afraid that if the gals in the campground catch sight of you doing the dishes she will have to fight them off?

Seriously, we added 90 percent tint to our windows to help keep the cabin cooler in triple digit camping days. You can't see much from the outside through that tint except at night with the lights on in the cabin.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:31 AM   #4
HalMaulden

LOL on watching me! At night you can see everything going on inside the RV, she wants to have the privacy.
HalMaulden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:58 AM   #5
markcee

Why not cut a piece of room darkening shade material (or any fabric of your choice for that matter) to size, making a curtain of sorts, attaching it in each corner with a small tab of Velcro?

Simple enough to remove when necessary.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 11:22 AM   #6
Ram Nation

Excellent choice Markcee, we have done the exact same thing with reflective roll insulation and velcro for windows, vents even our truck windows facing the strong Texas sun. Works great
Old 02-03-2022, 02:58 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

The Keystone website "3D Explore feature" for that model doesn't have a window covering for the window behind the stove/oven. So, apparently the designers intended it to be that way...

Several years ago, there was an issue with pleated curtains being installed that close to the stove and causing fires. Most of the manufacturers just started putting an aluminum mini-blind on that window. Maybe, in their "quest to keep things cheap" they've now just eliminated any covering... Hmmmm

Nah, that's not fair, so maybe the designers just couldn't come up with a "popular alternative" that fit the decor ???? Hmmmm

Nah, couldn't be that nobody could agree on decor, so maybe it's a "supply chain issue" ??? Yeah, we can blame it on china LOL

In reality, Keystone probably made the decision to leave that window uncovered expecting owners to choose their own solution, sort of like where to put the toilet paper holder and the towel racks...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 03:43 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

I've seen many trailers without shades over the stove; fire hazard I would imagine. We just put dark tint on ours when we had one.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 04:48 PM   #9
vampress_me

Our Paradigm camper does have a mini blind on the window behind the stove. Metal so it cannot catch on fire. Interestingly, if you go on the Alliance FB page, there are a bunch of posts of people who detest the mini blind because it can get grease on it from cooking and be hard to clean, gets in their way when cooking, doesn’t look nice, etc. So, what some have done is remove the blind, and, like Chuck suggested, tinted the window or frosted it with the stick on glass frost-looking sheets. They seem to love that look versus the blind because of the ease of cleaning. So, that may be a solution for you that is easier to do than try to attach a mini blind to the wall back there. Our Cougar also had a mini blind by the sink/ stove area. I liked the blind so I could look out, but do think the frosted idea would have been nice for the ability to not have a metal mini blind rattling sometimes when someone would move in the camper.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink