Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2021, 11:10 AM   #1
Buening

Winterizing Questions - Outback 340BH

Bought a 2021 Outback 340BH and went to winterize it. On the door for the water hookup there is a decal for winterizing instructions. It reads:

"Disconnect city water supply. Open all hot/cold faucets including exterior quick connect faucets. Open low point drain until water stops draining and then close. Siphon winterizing solution through freshwater pump. Inspect all hot/cold faucets for winterizing solution. Turn off water pump and close all faucets. Open low point drain, turn on pump until system empties. Turn off pump and switch water fill valve to Tank Fill position. Remove washer from fill inlet and depress valve to drain water. Replace washer and leave handle in Tank Fill position."

I switched valves behind water heater already. I have two questions. First is, am I to dump antifreeze into a garden hose that is connected to the City Water connection while pump is on and have someone operate the faucets? I've read there may be a hose near the water pump but I cannot find the pump (seems to be above the front storage tunnel).

The second question is the part at the end where it mentions removing washer from fill inlet and depress valve to drain water. Is this the mesh/screen washer for the fill valve below the quick disconnect hose, and the part to "depress valve" is that the freshwater tank valve under the camper?
Buening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:18 AM   #2
Buening

Anyone have any suggestions? Surely this isn't unique to my model...
Buening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:41 AM   #3
Ken / Claudia

There are many ways to winterize, I have never had an RV that lists it the way you said.
But, my comment is on the dumping water in the city water connection. When you do that you are by passing the fresh water pump. You may want anti freeze in it too. When I winterize, I start with the closest sink. Turn on cold water watch for pink stuff and shut it off, do hot water the same. Repeat at each faucet including outside shower. Look at toilet valve, push flush and make sure valve has pink stuff in it. All this is much faster if done with two people. I guess you figured out about draining the hot water tank.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:41 AM   #4
Marinerjoe

Question Depress valve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buening View Post
Anyone have any suggestions? Surely this isn't unique to my model...
Being new myself to the Keystone line, I am likewise curious. I know what I would do, but I would love to hear what the seasoned owners say.
TV: 2022 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:45 PM   #5
Customer1

After following all the other instructions you release pressure from the system, remove the screen, and push the plunger that is in the city water connection. That will release any water that remains in the check valve at the city water connection. DO NOT push the plunger while the system is pressurized.

Tags
outback, winter, winterizing