Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
Midsouth

Just became a Widow...how to:

We came back from a trip for the July 4th weekend to our home base. We are full-timers as of 2018. My husband passed away about a week later. He was not feeling well when we came back and I believe that he just did “auto level”. I knew it was not level, but was busy with him. About 2 months after his passing, I was able to find someone help me use the level up system (LCI) and realized later that the 2 wheels on the passenger side were off the ground. My previous research when he was alive, was that it was bad to have your wheels off the ground. I then tried to get those wheels down on the ground-successful- and now I can feel a significant issue with the driver’s side of the rig not being level. Is there a way to “reset” the LCI auto level so it with level itself in the “new” position? I appreciate any and all responses. I am hopeful that I can start all over again and just do auto level. I appreciate anyone that can help. Thank you.

**Just posted the same on IV2...the only 2 forums i knw of.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Sorry for your loss. It’s not harmful to have one side wheels off the ground. If your trailer is on a permanent site, you might want to use “auto level” and once the trailer is level, carefully measure how far off the ground the wheels are.

Then get some type of support like 2X6 boards, but since your not going to move I would use plastic leveling blocks.

Using Manual mode, life the tires a little higher, put the blocks underneath and then level the trailer again.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #3
Midsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Sorry for your loss. It’s not harmful to have one side wheels off the ground. If your trailer is on a permanent site, you might want to use “auto level” and once the trailer is level, carefully measure how far off the ground the wheels are.

Then get some type of support like 2X6 boards, but since your not going to move I would use plastic leveling blocks.

Using Manual mode, life the tires a little higher, put the blocks underneath and then level the trailer again.
Thank you Chuckster57- My Q is whether I can reset the autolevel? My abilities are from my research and "he" was the doer". So, yes, i am very nervous to try to level thru manual mode. I am sking whether anyone knows how to reset the auto level? My previous understanding tis that there is a way to reset the LCI autolevel? IS that right? If not...what do i need to do? Thank you again for responding.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Once the “level” (zero point) has been set, the system will remember that and extend/retract the jacks to return the trailer to the same point. If it doesn’t work then yes there is a fairly easy process to reset zero.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #5
CedarCreekWoody

The process is described in the manual if you still have that. If not you can download it with a Google search. Do you need help with the manual?
I'm sorry for your loss. It is something we all fear.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #6
CedarCreekWoody

Is this the manual that you need? Check out page 8.

Well darn, file size is too large and I can't attach it. Search for "Level-up 3.0 manual.pdf"
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote