Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2021, 05:37 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

[Also, it would seem that the only way there would be cross contamination is if the black tank hose is left connected, or am I missing something else?]

If you are referring to the water supply hose for the tank rinser yes. There are no connections between the waste water holding tanks and the city water system o ther fresh water holding tank.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
Thanks for the explanation, that all makes sense. Rig was purchased new so that's the way it was designed. It's a front living room so the bedroom and bath are in the back on the main floor level. The valve is up high behind the black flush connection. I'll need to do some measuring but it very well could be above the rim.

Also, it would seem that the only way there would be cross contamination is if the black tank hose is left connected, or am I missing something else?
Please use a separate hose as your black tank rinse hose, not your drinking water hose, just in case.
Any items used for anything black water related should be kept totally separate from ALL drinking water items.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:48 AM   #23
Poppy

My awg is in the wall where the shower is.
I found this out 3 weeks ago when it flooded the storage as I was in the process of flushing the black tank. Then it happened again yesterday.
I’m still at a campground, now, and trying to decide the best way to resolve this problem. I’m tempted to cut the lines and just connect them together without an asv, or to put an asv behind the control panel.
What a mess.
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #24
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
My awg is in the wall where the shower is.
I found this out 3 weeks ago when it flooded the storage as I was in the process of flushing the black tank. Then it happened again yesterday.
I’m still at a campground, now, and trying to decide the best way to resolve this problem. I’m tempted to cut the lines and just connect them together without an asv, or to put an asv behind the control panel.
What a mess.
This is literally the first thing I do when I get a new trailer home..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anti-siphon.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	36247  
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #25
GMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
This is literally the first thing I do when I get a new trailer home..
No drawbacks to this if you: 1)always open the black tank drain before turning on the flush water, 2)shut off and disconnect the flush hose before closing the dump valve and 3)never leave the flusher hose hooked up correct?
You still need that high point though to keep black tank contents from leaking out the flush hose connection.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #26
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH View Post
No drawbacks to this if you:

1)always open the black tank drain before turning on the flush water,

2)shut off and disconnect the flush hose before closing the dump valve and

3)never leave the flusher hose hooked up correct?

You still need that high point though to keep black tank contents from leaking out the flush hose connection.
#1 & #2 are for sure the safest way to flush the tank..

#3 Yes the recommended 16" above the inlet to the tank is best to prevent the contents from siphoning.

I'll add a #4 and say to always use a hose bib style back flow preventer on the hose either at the pressure gage or at the flush port connection..

https://www.lowes.com/pd/AMERICAN-VA...07d1767f191573
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet, winter, winterizing