Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
desertlover

Stolen Battery

I will try to make this short. I did a search but came up empty.

We just bought this trailer and one of the batteries was stolen and the positive cable that mounts to the circuit breakers is missing.

I am going to install 2 6 volt batteries but I dont know which breaker the positive cable should be connected to. And which terminal. There are 2 breakers that are mounted horizontal with 2 terminals each.

The trailer is a 2007 springdale 250rkls. If need be I can take a picture of the breakers and post it.

any help would be greatly appreciated
thank you
John
desertlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
TAScarbee

Post the picture, it will help. You can look at the terminals, if one has any wires that you can see attached to the frame of the unit, that one is your ground.
TAScarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
mhs4771

Check the breakers, you may fine that one side of them is tied together (is on our Montana) then the two breakers feed different section of the rig (one breaker on ours feeds the slide pump, while the other feeds the 12V supply to the rig.) If your breakers are tied together (most likely at the bottom) you can connect to either term.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
desertlover

ok here is a picture...I think the positive cable should be attached to the LH outer terminal.

http://
Old 12-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
mhs4771

Nope, it should be attached to the bottom post of the RH breaker, you need to feed both breakers so it needs to be attached where that jumper is and because of the small size of that jumper it needs to be on the bottom term of the RH breaker. Ours it very similar, except that both breakers are mounted vertical and we have a heavier jumper between them, but we're probably drawing a lot more current.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
desertlover

Ok makes sense & thank you you've been a great help.