Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
KRumm

Air in Water Lines after Drive

I have a 2021 Keystone Cougar. After a drive of 50+ miles there seems to be water in the pipes... Running the water for a minute from each faucet seems to clear it out. Then I can sit for days at a boondocking spot with the pump on with no cycling of the pump or air in the system... Then I move and drive to the next spot and the air in the pipes returns...
KRumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:28 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It may be a cracked pump inlet fitting, a loose clamp on the FW supply hose from the tank to the pump or it may be a hole/air leak in the hose itself...

From your description, it sounds like everything on the "trailer side of the pump is functional. You don't hear the pump run when the trailer is set up, so the plumbing is not leaking and the pump diaphragm is not losing prime (on the pressure side).

That leaves the "supply side of the pump" that loses prime and takes a significant run time to regain the prime (against air being sucked into the supply hose). If you have a FloJet pump, I'd first start by checking the O-rings on the inlet fitting. Lift the blue tab and it will "wiggle out of the pump". Check them for cuts or damage, relubricate them with silicone paste and check the clamp holding the white hose to the fitting. Reinstall the fitting and try again. If it's good, have an adult beverage and call it a day. If it's still doing it, then focus on the white hose and the fitting on the other end of that hose (at the fresh water tank connection).

If you have a Shure Flow pump, do the same, but check the threads on the fitting (there are no O-rings) and wrap new teflon tape around the threads on the pump inlet.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water