Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2021, 12:03 AM   #21
Jim27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I have to say, locating the thermistor directly above a piece of heat-generating electronic equipment would not be on the table if I were the RV designer. Even moving it off to one side would be a big improvement. Mine is on an interior wall, but two-feet opposite the door glass, which is trouble enough.

The dump louver is designed for rapid cooling of a single area, not for general operation. When we come off the highway and set up camp, the inside of the rig is usually pretty hot -- we open the dump louver, let the central room cool down fast, and work in that area until we stop sweating; then we close it to even out the temperature all over the rig and leave it that way until we hit the road again.
Yeah, definitely a bad design. Mine is also two feet opposite of a window. Well tomorrow is another day and I’m hoping that the good advice that I’ve received today from forum members like yourself will help out. Cheers.
Jim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:57 AM   #22
KeystoneKal

I’ve seen several YouTube videos commenting on heat in Texas and having 50amp service and 2 or 3 air conditioners for 90+ temperatures.
I have a Hideout 30 RLDS at a seasonal site in Ohio. Only one air conditioner and 30 amp service. When it’s 90 degrees the air conditioning can’t cool enough. Never gave the air conditioning capacity a thought when I bought the TT. Apparently, 90 degrees is the same in any state.
KeystoneKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #23
ri_truck_guy

I’ll jump I’m on this one. In my Fuzion 419 I was having problems with the garage being a meat locker while the main living area was an oven. After some investigation, which for me means taking things apart, I found that the the sensors for both were routed to opposite sides of the same wall. The installer crossed them and put the main living sensor in the garage and the garage sensor in the main living area. Reversed them and haven’t had an issue since.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:41 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneKal View Post
I’ve seen several YouTube videos commenting on heat in Texas and having 50amp service and 2 or 3 air conditioners for 90+ temperatures.
I have a Hideout 30 RLDS at a seasonal site in Ohio. Only one air conditioner and 30 amp service. When it’s 90 degrees the air conditioning can’t cool enough. Never gave the air conditioning capacity a thought when I bought the TT. Apparently, 90 degrees is the same in any state.
90F in Arizona (with low humidity) is pretty nice when you're in the shade... 90F in Florida at 2PM (during the daily afternoon showers) is MISERABLE (in the shade or not)...
90F in Michigan when the wind is out of the north is "sort of nice" (low humidity) but when the wind is out of the south or "off the big lakes", it's "muggy and sticky" (wet southerly breezes bring high humidity)....

Inside the trailer, 90F with 50% humidity is uncomfortable when someone opens the door or turns on a stovetop burner... Depending on where the trailer is parked, it might be more comfortable outside and in other places, you're better off inside....

Add a second A/C when you can't move the trailer to a place where it's nice outside.... If the trailer is "not mobile" you can add a second A/C and run the wiring "over the roof" to power the unit. If you need to maintain the trailer's mobility, you might try a "stand alone air conditioner"... Just make sure you get one that discharges the condensation through the "hot air exhaust".... You can power it with an extension cord from the campground pedestal.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

I agree with John's assessment. 90 degrees here in W TX is nothing compared to 90 in humid areas of the South; TX, MS, LA, FL etc. I'm sure other places are that way as well but we usually try to be more north and higher when it's hot.

Course there are fun things to do in the hot, humid areas during those miserable summer months. Brings to mind the "mullet toss" on this Sunday afternoon. Had a shindig going on in a small fishing village in FL and one of the contests was the "mullet toss". It was HOT, t shirts soaking wet but we stood there in the line (one on each side of the area which they tossed the fish down). One by one they tossed their fish and they ran out and measured the distance. A long, lanky fellow went up, grabbed his fish and did an imitation of a javelin thrower; the fish went up and away; about that time DW said "where did the fish go" and stepped out about 2' to look. SPLAT! That mullet whacked her flat, broadside square in the chest leaving a perfect outline of a soaking wet mullet on the front of her sweat dampened t shirt. The crowd, and myself, erupted in laughter...it was FUNNY! They threw the mullet away

Back to our regular programming; just popped into my head.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote