Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2021, 06:27 PM   #41
German Shepherd Guy

I am so old fashioned. I just wired a disconnect switch ( an old fashioned blade type) to the negative on my batteries. When it is "open" I am off of ALL DC power. I just flip the blade back into place when I am using the TT and Bingo! I have DC electric again. Cost 5.00 or so but doesn,t have a cool name like "Giggy Box". I call mine "Fred Box".

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:10 PM   #42
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
I am so old fashioned. I just wired a disconnect switch ( an old fashioned blade type) to the negative on my batteries. When it is "open" I am off of ALL DC power. I just flip the blade back into place when I am using the TT and Bingo! I have DC electric again. Cost 5.00 or so but doesn,t have a cool name like "Giggy Box". I call mine "Fred Box".
I'd call it "politician", they seem to be disconnected from reality but once they are turn on they stay connected forever.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 04:41 AM   #43
German Shepherd Guy

Now that IS funny and I don't care what side you are on.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:03 AM   #44
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon67 View Post
Keystone says the 220RD comes "solar prepped" and customer service says its based on the Zamp products. There is no other wiring I can find on the unit, other than the SAE connector. Nothing on the roof, nothing in the pass through. No prep for an inverter, nothing. The SAE goes right into the Giggy box.

In many/most (?) Keystones (1) "solar prep" translates into a outside port usually around the A frame for a trailer that you could plug in some suitcase panel. The option for the more "off the grid" packages would have something on the itemized option like - (2) inverter/solar panel prep, two temp covers over wiring in the front compartment with that labeling and a sticker near on the circuit breaker box with Zamp prepped (or something like that). (3) The last is the new solar flex option which they have preinstalled a panel, the controller and wired to the batteries.

In my case, I have both - #1 and #2

With the Gigi box, I don't know where the #1 port it wired since I won't use it...but will look sometime this week. I have #2 and I have not physically seen #3. But like I said #2 is prewired to the (no5) solar breaker (optional) in the box which, as with the breakaway switch (no2), these are wired to the battery side of the switch. I imagine the "solar option" #1 is NOT wired to that switch side of the "inside power".

There are 3 interesting items to me with this box so *if* you get the wiring diagram it would help make the last decision - where to wire my TPMS repeater. In my old setup it was direct to the battery with a override switch to turn if off/on.

thanks
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:23 AM   #45
Falcon67

I'll share if I get anything, so far no response from customer service. I'm slowly finding time to tear into this thing to figure out how it it's put together. The Owner's Manual is so generic you can't glean a lot from it. Trying to find time to pull panels and get model/serial numbers off things.
Falcon67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:56 PM   #46
Falcon67

Update - there will be no wiring diagram provided. "Due to rapid changes in production." As a guy that spent 20 years in manufacturing - nah, you don't wing it or make production changes on models so fast you don't document. The design engineer ain't building trailers, they have to be handing somebody a print.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:04 AM   #47
LHaven

I don't think anybody mentioned, but Keystone's newsletter last week(?) featured a video with Brad Giggy, designer of the Giggy Box.