Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2020, 04:59 AM   #1
Laredo Tugger

Trekwood Customer Service????

I went to the Trekwood web-site and was impressed with their inventory and selection of RV parts. I found the 3 items I needed to order and proceeded to the "checkout" page like every other business with internet orders uses.Do not expect that from this business. I was told instead of placing the order I would receive a "shipping estimate" (Aug 27) WT_? I received the estimate that same day.
The order is a plastic fender, a small plastic square corner piece on the slideout corner and 2 plastic rain gutter spouts used on the trailer exterior slide topper track, maybe 4 lbs. of product.
I just got my "shipping estimate" yesterday after making 3 phone calls about the order status, $45.00 to ship three plastic parts? Really?
Not real impressed with their service. Anyone else had better luck with this company?
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:07 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I've always had excellent customer service. Their parts people are knowledgeable, provide accurate advice and can "locate impossible to find obscure parts for old trailers".... Their shipping, however, has long been the reason many people shy away from doing business with Trekwood. That said, the plastic fender skirt is probably too long/too fragile to ship USPS or UPS and would require "freight shipping"... Delivery to anything but a "freight terminal" is, for most items, "cost prohibitive".... I ONLY buy from Trekwood if there is no other source for the part. Shipping charges is the singular reason why I shop elsewhere for anything I need.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:56 AM   #3
Laredo Tugger

Agree their inventory is "flush" and when I did make contact with a sales rep my request (for shipping estimate) was prompt. Also agree their order/shipping practices are below par. I had not considered the "freight shipping"requirement for this order, but that makes sense.
Thanks
RMc
Old 09-07-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
TomD1

I ordered from Trekwood one time, I will have to admit the sales rep was on the ball. Everything was done on line, although expensive it was painless. The next time I was looking for a wheel for my sprinter and was told the OEM did not make that model any longer. I contacted the parts lady at my local CW not only was she able to get it it was about $30.00 cheaper than Trekwood. As John said don't try them first
Old 09-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #5
douglasbmason

I recently (June 11) placed an order with Trekwood. Received an email on June 18 telling me that Keystone wouldn't make my special order (cabinet door) without a VIN. I promptly replied with my VIN the next day. I replied by email asking for an update on the order on July 30 and August 12, receiving no response. On 8/24, I requested an update to my order via their online inquiry, and received no response. Finally I called on 8/27 and spoke with someone. She said my order was not completed (although they did charge me) because they did not have a VIN number. I forwarded her the email in which I replied with the VIN. Then on 9/2 I received an invoice with a credit that said Keystone cancelled the order because the door is no longer available. No apology or explanation other than the invoice. I wouldn't use Trekwood again. And I'm kind of pissed at Keystone as well. I called them to confirm, and they said the last time they ordered those doors was in 2017. My TT is a 2016. So no cabinet doors past a year?
douglasbmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #6
Laredo Tugger

Thanks to post #s 4&5. Your experiences sound familiar.
As an update,I just completed my order this morning. I could not complete the order on line (again web site is crap) so I had to call it in. After explaining my frustration with their web site ordering process the nice little girl said they are aware of the problems and are addressing them.
Time will tell
RMc
Old 09-16-2020, 06:33 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
Thanks to post #s 4&5. Your experiences sound familiar.
As an update,I just completed my order this morning. I could not complete the order on line (again web site is crap) so I had to call it in. After explaining my frustration with their web site ordering process the nice little girl said they are aware of the problems and are addressing them.
Time will tell
RMc
Trekwood has been "addressing website issues" since at least 2010 when I sent them 8 or 10 emails about different website problems... The "nice little girl" told me back then that they were aware of the problems and were addressing them... Seems to me, "that package should be at the destination by now, even if the address was wrong" !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-16-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
bobbecky

I recently ordered a length of slide seal material and was able to easily place the order. Prior to getting an email with a tracking number, we had to evacuate due to a fire, and I had to call customer service to change the delivery address. The lady on the phone was very helpful and made the change of address and several days later the box was delivered at the new address. I rarely have to call regarding an order, but when I have had to, the person on the phone has always been very capable dealing with whatever the issue was.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:14 AM   #9
Frank G

Trekwood is not a high volume parts supply dealer, they are a retail establishment selling Keystone parts from Keystone's inventory, and shipments normally originate from Keystone. To my knowledge they are the only way you have access to Keystone's inventory without going through a authorized dealer. All my dealings with them have been positive, and they went out of there way to insure I was ordering the correct part and recommended ways to save on shipping.

For all of you that think shipping is free, Hire someone, supply floor space, pay taxes and overhead, supply packing materials, computers, software and printers to create labels.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:00 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
Trekwood is not a high volume parts supply dealer, they are a retail establishment selling Keystone parts from Keystone's inventory, and shipments normally originate from Keystone. To my knowledge they are the only way you have access to Keystone's inventory without going through a authorized dealer. All my dealings with them have been positive, and they went out of there way to insure I was ordering the correct part and recommended ways to save on shipping.

For all of you that think shipping is free, Hire someone, supply floor space, pay taxes and overhead, supply packing materials, computers, software and printers to create labels.
Amazon and WalMart do it every day.... Lowe's and Home Depot have "free store delivery on nearly every item" PPL RV has a $9.99 delivery on almost every RV product they sell, CW has an entire catalog/website with "free shipping to any store" or "reasonable shipping to any address in CONUS. Tiara RV Sales and Service (Trekwood) on the other hand..... Sure there are some "Internet RV parts websites" that charge nearly the same shipping fees as Trekwood, but there are far more that do have reasonable shipping fees.....

Shop where you feel satisfied with the experience, but there are alternatives to buy the exact same product without paying the often "outrageous" shipping charges.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-17-2020, 06:44 AM   #11
Laredo Tugger

So my original question in the OP has been answered. There are some that have had better luck using Trekwood's service. That's good to know,at least there is not a 100% thumbs down rating for this company. As for me,I still am not overly impressed.
Getting items to consumers from suppliers (in my experience) comes in two different methods,"shipping" and "freight". I have paid for both and freight is always way more expensive. I guess Trekwood calculated the "freight" ($45) on my order of maybe 5 lbs. of plastic parts to include "shipping" from the Keystone supplier. Next time I need a part I will go through the dealer.
RMc
Old 09-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

The way I understand it Treakwood is a "middle man" for Keystone parts. If Keystone is charging them to ship it to them (if Keystone won't direct ship to the consumer) then that cost is of course passed on to the consumer. The larger the piece the higher the cost, especially if it requires building a shipping crate and sending that to a residence.

Some Keystone dealers (at least the one near me) will have Keystone place larger items into a unit being delivered to the dealership to reduce delivery costs. The tradeoff is in the time it takes to get it.

So I guess as with everything the key is to do your due diligence and research all the options and what works best for your needs.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #13
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Amazon and WalMart do it every day.... Lowe's and Home Depot have "free store delivery on nearly every item" PPL RV has a $9.99 delivery on almost every RV product they sell, CW has an entire catalog/website with "free shipping to any store" or "reasonable shipping to any address in CONUS. Tiara RV Sales and Service (Trekwood) on the other hand..... Sure there are some "Internet RV parts websites" that charge nearly the same shipping fees as Trekwood, but there are far more that do have reasonable shipping fees.....

Shop where you feel satisfied with the experience, but there are alternatives to buy the exact same product without paying the often "outrageous" shipping charges.
Try and buy a exact match trim piece for your 2 yr old RV from Walmart or Amazon. Good Luck
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:24 PM   #14
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Try and buy a exact match trim piece for your 2 yr old RV from Walmart or Amazon. Good Luck

Not only can't you find Keystone OEM at any other place... there are two ways to handle shipping. You can charge the exact amount plus a little more for packing materials, etc. OR like I do in my business, I roll shipping into my fixed charges so in effect have "free shipping".
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Not to argue, but to "clarify".....

Keystone has "maybe 3 or 4 "Keystone original parts" in any trailer. Even the front caps are "off site manufactured" and used by many other trailer manufacturers.... Next time you're on the road, make a mental image of your trailer front cap and start looking for similar shapes on Forest River, Jayco, Winnebago, Redwood, Starcraft or any other brand....

There's far, FAR more "similar parts" than there are "unique to Keystone" parts in any RV on the road.... Sure, there are some "one off items" but for the most part, RV parts are not "brand specific"....

I just posted a link to J-wrap and roof aluminum extrusions that are available on Amazon, completely compatible with any Keystone trailer (except for color).... And, to compare: Even an OEM Ford fender won't come from the "factory" in the correct color, they are painted "at the repair facility" (body shop)...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS