Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
dboonecomplex

New to the forum, not new to camping.

Just wanted to say hi. I'm retiring early next year and we plan traveling around the country until we get tired of traveling. Tried out our 2108 Cougar RLI this past week to see how we and our two cats fit and see what we need to put on the gotta have list. Number 1 is a better mattress, the one provided is not going to work.
dboonecomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboonecomplex View Post
Just wanted to say hi. I'm retiring early next year and we plan traveling around the country until we get tired of traveling. Tried out our 2108 Cougar RLI this past week to see how we and our two cats fit and see what we need to put on the gotta have list. Number 1 is a better mattress, the one provided is not going to work.
I totally agree. The "king size?" mattress in our new TT was a joke. I think RV makers should deduct the $12 it costs them for a mattress and not supply one. I believe most buyers throw them out after the first use.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #3
dboonecomplex

Luckily Amazon has a lot of queen rv mattress's for sale. My real only complaint is almost everything in a camper that it feels like it will break off or is uncomfortable.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
jsb5717

Welcome to the forum. No doubt that virtually everything in our trailers are lighter duty than their counterparts in our houses. It can feel cheap and fragile...and often it is. It's just the price to pay for a reasonable towable weight. I'm constantly reminding our grandkids that they just have to be more careful in how to use everything in the trailer, especially the furniture. None of it is built as well nor will it last as long...it's just part of the camping experience. Could things be built with a higher level of quality control for a better result? Absolutely! There's plenty of complaining in the forums about the lack of care taken in building many of our rigs.

The complaining typically doesn't change the reality so it's best to accept a lighter duty...everything. Treat it accordingly, keep your tools on hand and repair what you need to. Drive safely and enjoy the open road.

Lot's of great folks and a lot to see. Enjoy!
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #5
dboonecomplex

Putting together the appropriate tools will be the interesting part plus going through the forums and the gazillion U tubes to pick out the best replacements for when things come apart. All the houses I have ever owned have been fixem ups so nothing new.